Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hokkaido - Rebun Island 2008/1/5 17:48
I'm thinking of going to Hokkaido in March or April, but getting from Asahikawa to Wakkanai in time for the 11:30 a.m. ferry to Kafuka is a problem. Are there any hotels inbetween Asahikawa and Wakkanai that I can book over the Internet? Even in Wakkanai would be perfect.
by Joe  

... 2008/1/6 14:17
but getting from Asahikawa to Wakkanai in time for the 11:30 a.m. ferry to Kafuka is a problem.

Why don't you take a later ferry?
http://www.heartlandferry.jp/english/index2-1.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

- 2008/1/6 15:36
I think the last return ferry t Wakkanai is around 16:00. I was planning a day trip to the island.
by Joe rate this post as useful

... 2008/1/6 15:57
It is not worth to go all the way from central Hokkaido to Rebun, just to spend three hours on the island. If you want to do it in a daytrip, which I do not recommend in the first place, you should take the first ferry in the morning and return with the last ferry in the evening. Otherwise it is not worthwhile.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Hotel 2008/1/6 17:15
I know of a Toyoko Hotel near Asashikawa Station, but I would like to be in Wakkanai for the earliest departure to Rebun Island. Is there a cheap hotel I can use in Wakkanai?

Wakkanai Sun Hotel 2008/1/7 12:47
The hotel is just street away from the train station. Last winter, I had been trying to book this hotel online but to no avail. As the result, I stayed at a more expensive place JAL Hotel. When I was there, I found out that Sun Hotel would accept walk-in guest without reservation during the off season in the winter. The ferry port is located just behind JAL Hotel.
Enjoy your trip!
by tju rate this post as useful

My Mistake... 2008/1/7 13:02
it should be ANA hotel, not JAL hotel. Sorry!

ANA Hotel 2008/1/7 13:34
Where can I book online?

,, 2008/1/7 15:06
Just google ANA Wakkanai Hotel or Wakkanai Sun Hotel and you can book online.

- 2008/1/7 15:16
Thanks tju! Wakkanai Sun Hotel's prices aren't that bad either.

... 2008/1/7 15:52
The sea could be a bit rough during the winter. Surprisingly, the modern car ferry has no seats but plenty of tatami compartments to rest on the floor.

- 2008/1/7 16:49
If I go now it will be in June or July, which is supposed to be the best time to go.

Web Hotels in Wakkanai are high priced 2008/1/9 15:27
The Wakkanai Moshiripa Hostel is 5 minutes from the station and 8 from the ferry. Y3360 w/card Y4360 without YH card.

If you can get someone to book for you from Tokyo or wherever, you can try these in Wakkanai for less than Y4000 per night:

Tenboku Ryokan
0162-23-3501

Ryokan Saihate
0162-23-3556

Cho Ryokan
0162-23-4754

The ''Cho'' could be the Kouzo Ryokan as its name is kanji for mulberry and I don't know which way they pronounce it.
by Anaguma rate this post as useful

Between Asahikawa and Wakkanai 2009/4/19 19:06
we are planning to visit Rebun island late next month.
Could anyone please advise if there is any interesting places not to miss between Asahikawa and Wakkanai.We will be travelling by train.
many thanks.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Horonobe 2009/4/19 22:58
South of Wakkanai is Horonobe. In town is a Reindeer Farm opened for visit. Horonobe is 1 hr. by train from Wakkanai.
by William5 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread