Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

8 days guided tour to Japan 2008/1/12 10:11
Hi I am thinking of taking this guided tour to japan

http://www.tinhatravel.com/html/8_Days_Japan_Honshu_Delights...

Dont know if this is a good tour that will cover most important part in Japan.

I am looking for opinions and suggestion.

Thanks
by Krystalvn  

guided tour 2008/1/13 05:47
the price isn't too bad as it includes the airfare and good hotels (though they don't guarantee you will stay in the best ones)
however the tour is rushed and much time will be wasted touring shops and factories where you are expected to buy stuff. Also the meals are all extra and you will be taken to restaurants that are most likely overpriced and not necessarily good quality.
by Sense i2 rate this post as useful

Solo 2008/1/13 07:56
There are some great books available for travelling in Japan. Lonely Planet for instance. Combine that with the handouts you can get from JNTO, the maps that are available at the big stations, and the numerous online hotel websites and be daring. Go where you want at your pace. The first time is a little daunting but its just not that hard. And contrary to everything you have ever been told it just aint that expensive. Good business style hotels are substantially cheaper than the US. I am about to leave for my fifth trip. Guided tours for specific hard to get to locations are great for the odd day out but running at somebody elses schedule for the whole trip.....forget it.
by Rod rate this post as useful

5 days 2008/1/13 18:19
-----8 days guided tour to Japan-----

This tour only offers you 5 full days of tour since you'll spend first day flying to get there, second day will be your orientation with the guide and the last day is reserved for your departure.
Not much sightseeing is offered. Seemed to be crafts, foods, high end hotels are main agenda for this trip. However it does offer one onsen stop.
To some people this may be just fine.
It all depends on what individual wants to see.

You can do better by taking bus tours or for this short trip, taxi tour may be best.
http://www3.ocn.ne.jp/~doitaxi/
http://www.jtbgmt.com/sunrisetour/index.aspx

I agree guided tour is a way to go if you want a comfortable hassle free tour.
by cc rate this post as useful

Never go on a guided tour 2008/1/14 10:36
Why not free and easy? It's so much more fun and flexible. It's fun even at the stage when you are planning your own itineraries.

I have received negative feedback on some guided tours from my friends. You will be rushed to places for stops as quick as a flash in a pan and sometimes the places you are brought to are not really the places you or your family want to visit. You also don't get to experience traveling on their local public transport like locals do, instead you will be seated in tour coaches almost all the time.

Free and Easy is much more fun and not that difficult to plan. It's fun!
by jemdude22 rate this post as useful

Thank you! 2008/1/14 12:22
Hi all,

Thank you very much for your all feedback. They are very helpful.
This is my first time to Japan, actually first time to a another country. So I wanted to book this tour because of all the hassle free, and get to know Japan first, then next trip I will explore indenpendent. I also think that with the tour packages, flight ticket and hotel combine it might be cheaper. Also, they offer another5 days tour for Thailand after Japan for only $199.

Travel Independently is great idea. I might consider doing that instead of the tour.
by Krystalvn rate this post as useful

reply to this thread