Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Trip to Karatsu 2008/1/13 17:56
Hi,

I plan to visit Karatsu on Feb. 11 (public holiday). After visiting the pottery kilns there, I'm thinking of going to either the Niji-no-Matsubara Pine Grove or Hama-no-Ura (rice terrace) in Genkai city.

May I know which of the two is a better place to visit during this time of year (February)?

Can I take a train to Niji-no-Matsubara Pine Grove using my Kyushu 3-day Rail Pass?

Thanks a lot for any help!
by tkic2  

Re:Trip to Karatsu 2008/1/13 19:48
Niji-no-Matsubara Pine Grove
is near from Karatsu.
for that reason more places can be seen than
going to Hama-no-Ura.

And you can use your 3dayRailPass
from Karatsu to Niji-no-Matsubara.
It takes 8minutes by train.
by kimkara rate this post as useful

.... 2008/1/13 21:29
Thanks for answering my questions, kimkara!
by tkic2 rate this post as useful

Karatsu . . . 2008/1/15 11:14
. . . has a small castle next to the ocean, which is worth seeing. The pine grove is maybe 2 km up the coast and you can probably walk.
by Clevor rate this post as useful

trains 2008/1/15 15:40
May I know whether 2 minutes is enough time to switch from JR Chikuchi Line train at Meinohama station (train arrives 6.47pm) to a Fukuoka City Airport Line train bound for Hakata (train departs 6.49pm)?

Are the train platforms very near?

.. 2008/1/15 16:27
Trains provide through-service between the JR Chikuhi Line and the subway line, i.e. you do not need to change trains, at all, at Meinohama Station. Two minutes is the time from arrival to departure of the same train at Meinohama Station. Just remain seated.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Hakata to Karatsu 2008/1/15 16:43
Thanks, Uji. I suppose it works the same for my trip from Hakata Station to Karatsu station?

For example, on Feb. 11, I plan to take Fukuoka City Airport Line Train No. 93 at 9.27am from Hakata station arriving Meinohama station at 9.46am. So I should remain seated in this train, which now becomes JR Chikuhi Line train 1683C, and departs at 9.47am to take me to Karatsu station?

... 2008/1/15 17:44
Yes, exactly. The train goes directly from Hakata to Karatsu.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Kyushu Rail Pass 2008/1/15 17:55
Thanks, Uji. I presume the Kyushu 3-day Rail Pass can be used for the trip from Hakata to Karatsu?

reply to this thread