Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Narita Airport to Shiba Park Hotel 2008/1/16 12:30
My brother and sister and I fly into Narita at 4.55pm on the 26th of January, and it seems as though the last Airport Limousine Bus for the hotel we're staying at (Shiba Park Hotel) leaves at 5.05pm, so we'll miss it. The other alternative would seem to be the JR NEX train, but I'm concerned how that will work with all our luggage, and also we would then need to get from Tokyo Station to the hotel. According to the bus timetable, other buses leave for the Shiba Park area (but not the hotel) later in the evening, so I'm wondering whether the drivers might have some flexibility in their drop off points. I can't find an email link on the bus website to send an enquiry. Any advice would be appreciated.
by Geoff  

Airport Limousine 2008/1/16 14:09
Geoff,

I very much doubt whether the driver will be willing to make an unscheduled stop elsewhere, but later buses stop at the Tokyo Prince Hotel, which is literally just across the street from the Shiba Park Hotel.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Good to hear 2008/1/16 14:24
That's sounds encouraging, thanks for the info.
by Geoff rate this post as useful

To Shiba Park Hotel 2008/1/17 03:11
It is highly unlikely that the bus driver will make an unscheduled stop. Limousine bus to Tokyo Prince Hotel is a very good alternative to get you the closest to Shiba Park Hotel. It's been years since we've stayed at the Shiba Park Hotel. We too got off the bus at the Tokyo Prince Hotel.

Shiba Park Hotel is about 5 blocks down slope and literally across the street of a main street. If you have bulky luggage, you may encounter a problem by way of a pedestrian over-pass to cross the street. I don't recall if there's 1 or 2 over-pass but carrying your bulky luggage up and down the steps may be difficult. I'm not sure if by not using the pedestrian over-pass, you can walk left or right and cross via a cross-walk. One of you can investigate this before attempting to do this by seeing if the over-pass is the only way to cross the street and assess if this will be too difficult. The over-pass is about 20 feet above street level.

Although only a short distance from Tokyo Prince, we took the taxi to Shiba Park Hotel instead. Others may post if they have an update to the above.
by Harold rate this post as useful

Thanks for the info 2008/1/17 07:06
Harold, thanks for the detailed information - five blocks sounds like it should be manageable as none of us are too decrepit, although maybe the taxi will seem like a better alternative at the time. I'll have to try to track down a map of some sort so we know which direction to head.
by Geoff rate this post as useful

reply to this thread