Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto bus pass? 2008/1/17 06:25
I saw that there are one- and two-day transportation passes that visitors can buy in Kyoto. Would it be useful to purchase one of these passes if I take the following transportation (or would it be more economical to pay for each thing separately)?

Keifuku Railway from Arashiyama to Ryoanji-Michi
Bus from Ryoanji to Kinkakuji
Bus from Kinkakuji to Kyoto Station
Bus from Kyoto Station to Pontocho
Bus from Kyoto Station to Kiyomizu-deri
Bus from Kiyomizu-deri to Sanjusangen-do
Bus from Sanjusangen-do to Kyoto Station
by nf222  

... 2008/1/17 07:09
Keifuku is not covered. For the rest, since you are only using buses, I recommend to use a 1-day bus pass for 500 yen if you use buses more than twice a day.

Note also that some of the mentioned trips could be done relatively easily on foot (15-20 minute walks).
by Uji rate this post as useful

more questions 2008/1/17 08:37
Thank you. Could you tell me which locations would be easily walkable (within 15 minutes)?

Also, are buses the best way to travel between all of the mentioned locations, or would a train be preferable for some?
by nf222 rate this post as useful

... 2008/1/18 09:02
Bus from Ryoanji to Kinkakuji

1.5 kilometers, about 20 minutes on foot.

Bus from Kyoto Station to Kiyomizu-deri
Bus from Kiyomizu-deri to Sanjusangen-do

Sanjusangendo is located between Kyoto Station and Kiyomizudera.

Kyoto Station to Sanjusangendo:
1.5 kilometers, about 20 minutes on foot

Sanjusangendo to Kiyomizudera:
1.5 kilometers, about 20 minutes on foot

Also, are buses the best way to travel between all of the mentioned locations, or would a train be preferable for some?

For the long trip between Kinkakuji and Kyoto Station, I personally prefer to take a taxi or bus from Kinkakuji to Kitaoji Station and then take the subway.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread