Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Question for Japan 2008/1/18 13:16
Hello... I would like to know if i can work in Japan full time and go to school for 2yrs?
by Valen  

Yes 2008/1/18 14:37
Yes, if you had a work visa you would be allowed to do full-time work while going to school. For university, you may need Japanese language skills (it depends on where you want to go).
by niko-chan rate this post as useful

Working/Schooling 2008/1/18 16:05
I heard that must people wouldnt hire me because i'm not a citizen of japan is that true?
by MrsValen rate this post as useful

. 2008/1/18 16:22
I heard that must people wouldnt hire me because i'm not a citizen of japan is that true?

You need fluent Japanese language skills in many cases.

Then you need to demonstrate that you have a skill that the Japanese themselves otherwise lack in doing.

Mainly IT and Language teaching.

As for study and work:
If you have a work visa then you can go to school and work full time.

But if you have a student visa then you can only apply for permission to work part-time only with other conditions and go to school full time.
by John rate this post as useful

Official sites are good 2008/1/18 19:10
Have a look at the Japan Immigration visa site on www.mofa.go.jp for information about kinds of visas and requirements.

It seems from this and your other post that you have heard a lot of inaccurate information, so it is better for you to have a look at an official source.
by Sira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread