Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where do I book Aimura ferry to Taiwan 2008/1/19 07:17
We ( 2 adults and 3 children ) will be in Japan in late July/ early August. We want to catch the Arimura ferry to Taiwan leaving Osaka on Sunday 3rd August at 00.50.
I found this departure time through http://www.seat61.com/Taiwan.htm which pointed me at this site:
http://www.tokai-kyowa.co.jp/english/i_ferry01.html

1. Is this the timetable for Arimura Line Ferries?

2. Do I need to book more than a couple of days in advance? We will be in Osaka from the 1st August.

3. Where do I book?

Thank You
Ian
by Ian Petrie  

... 2008/1/19 20:30
Ian, are you living in Taiwan? The site you posted (1st one) has telephone numbers in Japan and Taiwan for reservation and email address for inquiry.

As you want to travel during summer school holidays, I think it is better to book before you leave your country.
by JLady rate this post as useful

On our way round the world. 2008/1/19 22:07
No. We don't live in Taiwan. We live in the UK and will be on our way round the world.

We fly in to Tokyo from the USA on 28th July.

After Taiwan we fly to Bangkok and Hong Kong then train to X'ian, Beijing, Moscow and Helsinki. Finally ferry back to UK.

Where can I book?

Ian
by petries rate this post as useful

. 2008/1/20 02:08
I contacted Arimura reservation call center for an inquiry at the end of last year, and I've found the reps at all the branches in Japan don't speak English at all (I'm Japanese). They say their collegues in Taiwan speak English, but pax need to go to their office in person to produce your passport, etc. to have your ticket issued.

So you might go to their office in person for a better communication with gestures etc..Also they seem to require an onward ticket out of Taiwan.

They seems to charge the fares for domestic segment and international one separately.

I'd contact them if you need to get info on them, Tomorrow Sunday is closed.
by optimistk rate this post as useful

I'll try taiwan number 2008/1/20 02:17
Thank you.

I'll try the Taiwan number on monday. We have onward tickets out of Taiwan ( to Bangkok ) and I'll see if they will accept copies of our passport ( the airlines did ).

Ian
by petries rate this post as useful

... 2008/4/26 19:10
Although this is probably one of the smaller concerns in the whole scheme of things, are you able to work out transportation from Keelung (where the ferry unloads) to Taipei? Keelung is a port town north of Taipei and transport via train and/or bus may be cumbersome and confusing for a family of 5, seeing as the ferry arrives at 6am!
by Josh rate this post as useful

. 2008/4/26 20:18
Although this is probably one of the smaller concerns in the whole scheme of things, are you able to work out transportation from Keelung (where the ferry unloads) to Taipei? Keelung is a port town north of Taipei and transport via train and/or bus may be cumbersome and confusing for a family of 5, seeing as the ferry arrives at 6am!

According to their timetable, the ferry service from Japan to Keelung arrives at 18:00hrs, not 6:00hrs.

As for private transport from Keelung to Taipei, you might want to ask that question on another forum such as TripAdvisor, Lonely Planet Thorn Tree, etc.

This site is only dedicated to matters related to Japan.

. 2008/6/14 17:51
Arimura Industries is going to liquidate because of a financial crisis. The ferry service has been suspended since 6th June.

For further info, refer to the thread below.
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/message.jspa?messageID...

reply to this thread