Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone & Mt. Fuji in 1day 2008/1/19 14:45
Hi all,
I would like to do both Hakone & Mt. Fuji in 1 day from Tokyo since I want to maximise the use of my JR Rail Pass. I can only use it to Odawara St or to Otsuki. Is it worth getting a Fuji-Hakone Pass (3days) or a Hakone Free Pass (2days) for a 1day trip to save me the hassle? Thanks all.
by maxiediva  

... 2008/1/19 18:19
I would like to do both Hakone & Mt. Fuji in 1 day from Tokyo since I want to maximise the use of my JR Rail Pass.

I don't recommend to visit both places in a single day. You will be spending half the day in buses and trains. If you have only one day, I recommend to visit either Hakone or the Fuji Five Lakes.

I can only use it to Odawara St or to Otsuki. Is it worth getting a Fuji-Hakone Pass (3days) or a Hakone Free Pass (2days) for a 1day trip to save me the hassle?

If you have only one day and use JR for Tokyo-Otsuki and Odawara-Tokyo, then a Fuji-Hakone pass will not pay off.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks Uji-san. 2008/1/19 19:32
back to the drawing board.
by maxiediva rate this post as useful

or you could... 2008/1/20 16:48
do the JTB Fuji & Hakone tour, which will take you to both destinations, take you to Fujisan's 5th station, a cruise on lake Ashi of Fji Five Lakes, to hakone where you get a cable car ride, and then shinkansen back to Tokyo. A good day's tour and very well run.

I recommend it.
by R. rate this post as useful

reply to this thread