Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Summer Japanese Language Schools 2008/1/22 22:14
Hi,

I am in university and want to study in the summer in Japan to learn Japanese. My university doesn't have any exchange programs or study abroad.
Can anyone recommend some summer courses in Japan? (july -october) Can be in any place in Japan. Thanks.
by JLS  

Kudan Institute 2008/1/23 14:15
I had a good friend attend the Kudan Institute summer program last year, and he said that it was really fun. He even talked me into going this summer. They're the first listing if you search "Kudan Institute" in google.

Hope this helps you out and good luck!
by Rob rate this post as useful

Thanks 2008/1/23 20:57
I actually discovered them for myself. And I should be going this summer too in July for 4 weeks. See you there perhaps!
by JLS rate this post as useful

summer school in japan 2008/4/30 15:14
There is a Short-Term Japanese Language and Culture Program from Doshisha University. A friend of mine participated in it and had a good time there. Information can be found here:

http://www1.doshisha.ac.jp/~bekka/pdf/Doshisha_SS_08.pdf

hope that helps
T.
by thomas rate this post as useful

Level 2008/5/1 14:41
What level are you? If you are intermediate or above, maybe you can just go and practice your Japanese there.
by Maxwell rate this post as useful

YMCA 2008/5/1 23:14
Some YMCAs have good language programs.
by Otto rate this post as useful

other languages also 2008/5/2 05:29
You could also study other languages besides Japanese at the YMCA.
by Yas rate this post as useful

Cultural centers 2008/5/2 22:12
You could try the cultural centers. They have them in every city and the fee is reasonable, maybe free.
by Mami rate this post as useful

curious 2008/5/3 06:29
How can I find these cultural centers?
by Jane rate this post as useful

City Hall 2008/5/5 19:39
If you can find the city hall, they have information about these cultural centers. The one in my city is in a COOP/Frente department store. It is on one of the top floors.
by Ollie rate this post as useful

Classes 2008/5/6 04:56
I took a class at a cultural center for about a about a year. They offered a Japanese class as well as one to one lessons. I took a one to one lesson and was taught by a volunteer. It's was good conversation partner approach to learning the language.
by Sam rate this post as useful

summer school 2008/12/13 10:32
I am very interested in the Japanese language and culture and wish to attend a japanese school during June summer holidays. Are there any schools out there for foreigners my age, I'm only 13 years old. My mom will be there with me.
by susan lee rate this post as useful

reply to this thread