Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

surutto kansai pass -> validation 2008/1/31 21:44
Hi everyone,

Although I checked all the facts provided on japan-guide (forums plus site) as well as surutto.com thoroughly, one question about the Surutto Kansai Pass remains unanswered: If I buy the pass, will it be validated immediately, i.e. do I have to use it right away? Or can I just buy it, say, tomorrow, and then use it (on 3 consecutive days, of course) sometime later?

I would be really glad if anyone could answer this question, thanks a lot in advance.
by moonboots  

... 2008/2/1 08:18
I have to use it right away?

No, the pass can be used on any three days of your choice within the period of validity (which lasts from April through March).

You just start using the card (i.e. insert into ticket gate at station or reading machine on bus) on the days you wish to use them. There is no need to preset the dates or to immediately start using it on the day of purchase.
by Uji rate this post as useful

thanks 2008/2/1 09:04
a lot for your fast reply :)
by moonboots rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/1 14:41
I'd mention the validity periods.

Sales period / Expiry date (valid until the date)
Between today and 31 March, 2008 / 1 May, 2008 (2 day pass), or 2 May, 2008 (3 day)

Between 1 April 2008 and 31 March 2009 / 1 May, 2009 (2 day pass), or 2 May, 2009 (3 day)

You could buy a plural number of passes as long as it's in a commonsense manner, e.g. 10 passes per person are unlikely to available.

Both two and three day passes designed for foreign tourists can be used any of three days regardles of whether they are consecutive or not.

This doesn't apply to the three-day pass for Japanese, but the two-day's.
by optimistk rate this post as useful

reply to this thread