Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to get the ARC? 2008/2/1 01:23
I will be living in Tsukiji, Chuo-ku, Tokyo. I was wondering where is the neareast one and how to get there?

Also, I need to apply for a re-entry permit asap. I heard they need the ARC but I wouldn't be getting this until 2 weeks. What can I use instead?

Thank you.
by businessasusual168  

. 2008/2/1 08:29
You need to apply at the Chuo ward office.
http://www.city.chuo.lg.jp/foreign/english/index.html

When you apply for your ARC you can also get a temporary ARC, I think that should be sufficient for a ARC card. However if you need to leave within 2 weeks, I'm not sure if you can use a temporary ARC to re-enter, I'm pretty sure you can.
by John rate this post as useful

Your local ward office 2008/2/1 08:32
I Googled "Chuo Ward Office" for you and came up with this page in English- www.city.chuo.lg.jp/foreign/english/index.html

Scroll down and click on "Foreign Registration".

It takes up to several weeks to get your ARC but I hear that you can ask for a paper "Certificate of Alien Registration" when you apply for the card, and you should then take the paper with you to the Immigration Office.
by Sira rate this post as useful

wow thanks 2008/2/1 08:38
wow thanks.

how much is the certificate or the temporary arc?
by businessasusual168 rate this post as useful

0 yen 2008/2/1 08:46
The ARC at least is free. I'm guessing the paper is free too, but check with your ward office for confirmation.
by Sira rate this post as useful

thanks! 2008/2/1 08:50
this forum is incredible.
by businessasusual168 rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/1 08:58
Usually it is free for the temporary one, however I have read some people in other wards are charged a small fee.
by John rate this post as useful

ARC is free 2008/2/1 12:52
but the temporary letter costs 600 yen, in shinagawa-ku. not sure about where you live, but with the temp paper you can open a bank account, etc etc
by marko rate this post as useful

reply to this thread