Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

japan trip 2008/2/2 01:53
Hi, I saw other posts and would like thoughts on our itinerary & other questions I have.
1) Should we buy Japan Rail Pass based on our travel & itinerary?
2) Any ideas on a hotel/ryokan in Kyoto? I've been looking at the Gion area is this okay?
OUR ITINERARY - we want culture so are open to suggestions - thank you!
Arrive narita 2pm (Thurs)March 27th
27th: Narita-Tokyo, We ar staying in Ginza area
28th: Tokyo: Shinjuku, Harajuku,Shibuya
29th: Kamakura day trip 30th: Tsukiji(what is Tsukiji saw it on other itinerary), Asakusa, Ueno, Akhibara
31st: Depart for Kyoto - do we reserve train prior to arriving in Japan.
1st: Kyoto ???
2nd: Kyoto ???
3rd: Himeji - Hakone
4th:Hakone-Narita for 10:50 am flight out to Thailand - is it even possible to do this?
Thanks for any input, My husband and I are very excited.
by Rya  

... 2008/2/2 08:48
Should we buy Japan Rail Pass based on our travel & itinerary?

Yes, a 7-day pass will cost about the same as regular round trip tickets for the shinkansen.

Any ideas on a hotel/ryokan in Kyoto?

April is cherry blossom season, and hotels get booked out long in advance. In fact, you might have troubles finding one now. The APA Hotel Gion is one of the most attractively located hotels if want to stay in the Gion area:
http://www.apahotel.com/hotel/kansai/04_kyotogion/english/in...

30th: Tsukiji(what is Tsukiji saw it on other itinerary)

Tsukiji is the fish market. It is closed on Sundays! More details:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3021.html

Depart for Kyoto - do we reserve train prior to arriving in Japan.

No, it is currently not even possible to make reservations from outside Japan.

Hakone-Narita for 10:50 am flight out to Thailand - is it even possible to do this?

If you want to be at the airport 2-3 hours before departure, as recommended by most airlines, then it is very difficult, espeially if you want to avoid using taxis. It also depends on where in the Hakone region you will be staying.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread