Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Really stuck - Hakone to Narita 2008/2/2 07:49
Hi,

Trying to figure out timing and if this is even possible. Can I go from Kyoto to Hakone spend night & then make it to Narita Airport next morning by 8:30 am. I am in Tokyo for 4 days, then kyoto for 3 days and would love to include overnight at Hakone/onsen to complete trip. Any input is great.
by Prozes  

... 2008/2/2 09:18
Yes, you would have to leave Hakone by taxi by 4am. Maybe earlier depending on where in Hakone you are staying.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Very expensive taxi ride 2008/2/2 09:43
As that taxi would cost at least 60,000 yen though, unless money is no problem it isn't really a practical itinerary. Enjoy Kyoto, save Hakone for another trip to Japan.
by Sira rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/2 14:04
IMHO, that plan isn't appealing at all. It's too rushed in the last part.
I wonder if you couldn't fit a Hakone stay in when you travel from Tokyo to Kyoto.

I might suggest you to go over a part of your itinerary and cancel one night of your accommodation in Tokyo and book new one in Hakone if you have already arranged it in Tokyo for the first several nights.

The cancellation fee would be much lower than a taxi charge from Hakone to Narita.
by optimistk rate this post as useful

thanks changed it! 2008/2/3 09:11
I thought it was silly, so I changed Hakone to be on the way to kyoto. Like to ask if you think this is too ambitious for trip;
Day1: arrive & settle
Day2: Tsukiji-Hama Rikyu-Asakusa
Day3: nikko or more tokyo?
Day4: Akihabara-Harajuku-Shinjuku
Day5: Hakone & stay
Day6: travel kyoto settle in
Day7: eastern region of kyoto & gion
Day8: Himeji or kyoto then travel to Narita.
Day9: 10:50 am flight

I want to enjoy but not feel like I'm doing a marathon.

Arigatoo Gozaimasu
by prozes rate this post as useful

itinerary 2008/2/3 13:08
What about doing it the opposite way? If your plane arrives fairly early you could go straight to Kyoto and then end up in Tokyo so you would be closer to your departure location....just a thought....

Enjoy your trip!
by Mara rate this post as useful

wish i could 2008/2/4 00:49
Thanks for thoughts, but the one thing we booked when we did flights was the tokyo portion of hotel, so stuck doing the round trip with Kyoto on the end. Anyone have any thoughts on my itinerary above, just wondering if it's too busy.

thanks very much
by prozes rate this post as useful

reply to this thread