Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Luggage storage in Yakeyama 2008/2/6 07:02
As we will only have one day to spend in the Lake Towada area, I figured it might be easier to only travel from Aomori to Yakeyama, do some walking along the stream and return to Yakeyama and catch the bus to Hachinohe from there.

Is there a place in Yakeyama, where we could leave our luggage while we hike or would we have to carry it along?

Marc
by Brandis  

Yakeyama . . . 2008/2/7 09:27
. . . is the major bus stop along the Oirase River. I'm pretty sure there are luggage lockers. You can forward luggage to Lake Towada from the cashier's desk at the little gift shop there. Than catch the bus to Hachinohe.

Moreover, from Yakeyama to Lake Towada is a 9 km hike so doubling back is 18 km.
by Clevor rate this post as useful

Just a short hike 2008/2/7 17:01
We won't do the entire hike, as we have to be in Morioka in the evening. I just figured it's probably more efficient to get off at Yakeyama and maybe walk along the river for about half an hour and back than drive all the way to Lake Towada, where we would only have about 10 min. before getting on the bus to Morioka. In Yakeyama we have 2 hours free time before the bus to Hachinohe (and Morioka afterwards) leaves.
by Brandis rate this post as useful

reply to this thread