Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Journey from Tokyo to Narita Town 2008/2/8 04:31
I will stay the last night at Narita Town, utilizing my JR Pass from Tokyo. I noticed that the NEX doesn't stop at Narita. If I want to get off at Narita Town I need to catch either the Keisei Line or Rapid trains on the Sobu/Narita line. Both these trains takes longer. Is it advisable for me to catch the NEX to the airport then jump on the JR Rapid. I noted that the NEX arrives 03 minutes before the hour while the JR Rapid from the Airport stopping at Narita Town leaves exactly on the hour. Thus, 3 minutes! Are the two platforms close to each other? The hotel I booked is next to the JR Narita Station at Narita. That's why I am reluctant to get off at Keisei Station and walk as I will have a lot of luggages by then. Also is JR Pass valid for the Keisei Line? The hotel does have free shuttles from and to the airport but I will need to call them for the timetable...
by Mel  

... 2008/2/8 08:37
The Japan Rail Pass is not valid on Keisei trains or any other non-JR trains.

You seem to be aware of your options. Note, furthermore, that Narita Express trains leaving Tokyo Station after 18:00, do stop at Narita Station. So do Ayame limited express trains (small number of departures from Tokyo Station in the evenings).
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/8 08:41
The platform the NEX arrives at is directly across the platform the Rapid train leaves from (at least it is at Terminal 1).
by John rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/8 10:35
You might get off at Terminal 2 instead of 1 from the NEX. Then wait for the Tokyo bound rapid train to get to Narita. Less hassle.

BTW, from 15th March, the NEX arrives at Narita Airport Terminal 1 one minutes before the hour. Not sure what time the rapid starts there yet. Check the new timetable before you board the train.
by optimistk rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/8 13:12
Thanks for yor responses. optimistk, you mean all trains pass Terminal 2 on the way to Terminal 1? Thus, if i get off NEX at T2 I'd have more time to wait for the Rapid back to Tokyo? All Rapids stop at Narita? Are the platforms at T2 opposite each other?
by Mel rate this post as useful

Narita 2008/2/8 13:22
Mel,

you mean all trains pass Terminal 2 on the way to Terminal 1?

Yes.

Thus, if i get off NEX at T2 I'd have more time to wait for the Rapid back to Tokyo?

That's right.

All Rapids stop at Narita?

Yes.

Are the platforms at T2 opposite each other?

There is only one JR track/platform at the T2 station, so trains running in both directions use the same platform.

In short, T2 station is where you want to change trains to double-back to Narita, otherwise you'd end up spending 30 minutes or so sitting around at the T1 station waiting for the next train back.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Tokyo bound Rapid fr Airport 2008/2/14 03:22
When I checked on Hyperdia for the timetable of Tokyo bound trains (Rapid) stopping at Narita town I only saw the Keisei Line and NEX. JR Rapids are not shown. What am I doing wrong? I just want to see how long will I have to wait between getting off the NEX and jumping on the Tokyo bound Rapid to get off at Narita Town.
by Mel rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/14 03:34
To get the Narita Rapid to show up you need to set it as:

Narita Airport (start)
Narita (end)

and set the clock to the top of the hour: the vast majority of JR rapids depart Narita Airport at the top of the hour, so it would be 11:00/12:00/13:00/14:00/15:00 etc etc.

by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread