Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

tokyo - toyama in 1 day 2008/2/11 11:37
Hello,
I have read thatdoing the Alpine Route from Tokyo thru to Toyama can be done in 1 day. We (2a,2c) are planning this mid May this year, but I have also read of huge delays waiting to get on buses etc. We would like to go right thru if possible, but are also happy to stay overnight if needs be, if we can find a booking site in English. The only one I found was Hotel Takeyama and that was going to cost us 66,000 yn for the four of us. Can anyone help me sort this out. Thanks very much. p.s. We move on to Kyoto form Toyama
by Jo-Anne Sullivan  

... 2008/2/11 12:16
Generally speaking, the crowds can be a big problems on weekends and national holidays, especially during holiday seasons like the Golden Week.

But crowds are seldom a problem if you go during the week on a regular weekday. There will be no waiting times at all.

So, if you go on a regular weekday, you should have no problem making your way to Toyama in one day, although, I do recommend to leave Tokyo as early in the morning as possible, in order to have as much time along the route as possible.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks Uji 2008/2/11 12:31
Uji, thanks for your quick reply. Your confirmation was just what I needed. Looking forward to a wonderful trip.
Arigato!
by Jo-Anne Sullivan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread