Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

From Mt. Fuji to Gotemba Premium Outlet 2008/2/12 16:36
I'd like to visit Mt. Fuji and then go to Gotemba Premium outlet on the same day. Because my hotel is booked at Shinjuku so I will not stay a night at Mt.Fuji. Is the time enough for this trip ? By taking the Fujikyu bus from Kawaguchiko Station to Gotemba Station, how long the time is taken and how much is the fare ? Would you pls help to advise ?
by JessicaP  

... 2008/2/12 17:03
If you start early and hurry, it can be packed into a day trip from Tokyo.

By taking the Fujikyu bus from Kawaguchiko Station to Gotemba Station, how long the time is taken and how much is the fare ?

It takes about 75 minutes and costs 1470 yen:
http://www.fujikyu.co.jp/bus2/jikokuhyo/jikoku01.htm
by Uji rate this post as useful

From Mt.Fuji to Gotemba Premium Outlet 2008/2/12 17:54
Hi Uji San,
Many thanks for your prompt reply. I still have a question about the transportation problem. By taking the Fujikyu bus from Kawaguchiko Station to Gotemba Station, is there needed to pre-booking the abroad time or not ?
One more question is that, if i go over Hakone, could we also get the sight of Mt. Fuji ?? If yes, I'd like your advice ! Do u think whether I should go to Hakone instead of Mt Fuji ? As my time is very tight, I'm wondering which is the perfect match connecting to Gotemba Premiu, Outlet ! thanks to advise !
by JessicaP rate this post as useful

... 2008/2/12 17:56
is there needed to pre-booking the abroad time or not ?

It is not possible to make seat reservations for the bus between Kawaguchiko and Gotemba!

if i go over Hakone, could we also get the sight of Mt. Fuji ??

Yes, on clear days, Mount Fuji can be seen from Hakone. And also from Gotemba.

Do u think whether I should go to Hakone instead of Mt Fuji ?

I personally find Hakone more interesting than the Fuji Five Lake region around Kawaguchiko.

From Hakone to Gotemba Premium Outlet 2008/2/12 18:13
Uji San, thanks for your prompt advice ! Could you please also tell me how to go from Hakone to Gotemba Premium Outlet ??? How long is the time taken and how much is the fare ? I heard that the distance from Hakone is closer to Gotemba outlet than Mt. Fuji, is it right ? Someone suggest me to buy the freepass, is it cost-effective as i would not stay overnight at Hakone. Many thanks again

From Mt. Fuji to Gotemba Premium Outlet 2008/2/12 19:39
Uji San, thanks for your prompt advice ! Could you please also tell me how to go from Hakone to Gotemba Premium Outlet ??? How long is the time taken and how much is the fare ? I heard that the distance from Hakone is closer to Gotemba outlet than Mt. Fuji, is it right ? Someone suggest me to buy the freepass, is it cost-effective as i would not stay overnight at Hakone. Many thanks and wait for your answer again.

... 2008/2/12 19:42
Could you please also tell me how to go from Hakone to Gotemba Premium Outlet ???

Depends from where in Hakone you start off. There are buses from Togendai and Sengoku to Gotemba, and a few direct buses from Gora Station:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5206.html

Someone suggest me to buy the freepass, is it cost-effective as i would not stay overnight at Hakone.

It depends on how much travel you do in the Hakone area. Since your day will be very packed, you might not have enough time to cover enough distance to make a free pass pay off.

It really depends what you want to see in Hakone.

PS: if you have more questions, please post reactions to this thread rather than creating a new thread.

Hakone 2008/8/23 13:37
I want to see MT. FUJI, visit Owakudani and go to Gotemba. Will I be able to make it in one day? Can you please tell the route I should take to save time most?

I wonder if I go to Owakudani, will I be able to see MT. FUJI there?

As I read above, you recommened to go Hakone. Is Owakudani in Hakone?

by wan rate this post as useful

... 2008/8/24 09:22
Yes, Owakudani is in Hakone, and Mount Fuji can be seen from both Owakudani and Gotemba, when the visibility is good.

From Shinjuku, there are buses to Gotemba, from where you can take a free shuttle bus to the outlet. There are also a small number of direct buses to the outlet:
http://www.premiumoutlets.co.jp/en/gotemba/access/index.php

From the outlet, there are a small number of direct buses to Gora Station as mentioned above. From Gora, you could then take the cablecar and ropeway to Owakudai. Alternatively, you can take the shuttle bus back to Gotemba Station, then a bus to Togendai and then the ropeway or bus to Owakudani. A map of the area is shown here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5206.html

From Hakone, you can return to Tokyo by bus or train, as explained on the above linked page.

Of course you could do the journey in the opposite direction, too.

reply to this thread