Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Self drive in Hokkaido 2008/2/21 15:22
Dear Uji,

We plan to do a self drive trip in Hokkaido from 24 April to 6 May. Is it suitable to drive during this period as in will there be snow on the roads. How about going to places like Daisetsuzan?

by kenopps  

Driving 2008/2/22 05:19
I drove in Hokkaido during that same period two years ago. The only place there was snow on the road was the high mountain passes, and even then very little BUT, the weather was nice while we were there, warm, no rain, no snow.
I found the driving around Hokkaido pretty easy, the roads were similar to the narrow country and main roads where I grew up in mountainous northeast part of the States. I had more trouble with driving in Sapporo traffic!
If your rental car has the in-dash GPS and you know enough kanji to use it, it is great. My J-wife operated it and we had no problem getting around.
by CF rate this post as useful

daisetu 2008/2/22 12:13
i lived in Tokachi(near daisetsu)14years.
well, sometimes we have snow in april, but at the very most 2~3cm and it melt soon.don't worry!but if you have worries,you can rent car with a studless snow tire,it'll be better.
spring daisetu is really beautiful!hove a nice trip!
by yo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread