Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is it alright to visit Tokyo in June 2008/2/23 00:02
I am planning to go to tokyo in june for a week (most probably on the 8th or 17th),my activity wouldnt be anything like mountain climbing, im going for sightseeing,culture,maybe a little shopping & stuff like that, i have read that june is when most of japan gets heavy rain.

So is it alright for me to visit tokyo in june, i dun want to end up staying in hotel room becuz of heavy rain. by the way i plan to stay at Sunroute PLaze Shinjuku Hotel (is it a good choice?)
by Elyysa  

it's always a good time 2008/2/25 09:25
Well, actually I think July is the heavy rain season.
It doesn't matter what time of the year is it, or how the climate will turn, it is always a good time to go to Japan. I have been there several times and climate is the least of my problems. In July there are heavy electric storms and rain, also trains stop often but nothing that big.
I would recommend you June, July or August, being July and August maybe the hottest time of the year in Japan (Tokyo) but in August there is an impressive amount of festivals, the same for July. (The only inconvenience is that August tend to be crowded everywhere)
What do you think about April or March?

Well, that's only my opinion. Hope it helps.
by June rate this post as useful

June is the official rainy season 2008/2/25 09:36
A stationary front sets up over the southern Japanese islands in the beginning of June (as the low builds over central Asia), bringing the tsuyu (or baiu), the Japanese "rainy season." This can bring a lot of cloudy and drizzly days, but unless you're unlucky, it's not something that will keep you indoors. Most people get around with an umbrella during this time, and there are a lot of breaks in the drizzle. In the past couple of years, there have been long dry spells in the rainy season and some reservoirs have dried up.
by Anaguma rate this post as useful

I will definitely go! 2008/2/26 01:36
thx a lot! now i am confident to go to tokyo, so what if there would be a little rain... thanx again!
by Elyysa rate this post as useful

last year 2008/2/26 07:16
I went for 2 weeks to Tokyo last year from 12-26th i think. several days threatened to rain, but never did. i think at most there was 3 days where it actually did rain. just get a small compact umbrella and put it in your bag. and even if you forget it, you can just buy the super cheap plastic umbrellas that everyone else does when they forget theirs. i had to buy one one day, but it was only 400 yen.
by nika rate this post as useful

... 2008/2/26 07:56
I also went last year in June 5th -19th and it rained on a few days, well hardly rained just drizzled abit. only 1 day did it really pour down with rain. was hot as hell though!

dont forget, japanese will see tiny bits of droplets as rain and pull out umbrellas even if its just tiny drizzles! here in london we get bad weather all the time so when i was in tokyo i was surprised to see people pull out umbrellas for nothing.
by Chino Christomni rate this post as useful

12 raining days 2008/4/5 12:30
Hi there - i'm planning to travel to Tokyo from 17th June onwards and read somewhere that June is a rainy season, with 12 days of rain or torrential rain. My concern is the same - would it be good to go as do not want this trip to be wasted. Thank you folks
by duchessmei rate this post as useful

reply to this thread