Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan rail pass 2008/2/23 00:59
Can I travel on the Haruka train from Kansai airport to Kyoto with the seven-day Japan rail pass?
And where can I buy it at Kansai airport?
Thank you
by Susana Braga  

Buy it in your home country 2008/2/25 09:24
You have to purchase the JR Passes in your home country. They are not available in Japan. If you have a voucher for the JR Pass (that's what you purchase first), and need to exchange it for a pass, you can do it at the JR Midorimadoguchi (green window) across from the JR entrance in Kansai Airport. It's up on the 2nd level as if you were heading toward the Nikko Hotel. Just before you cross the bridge to the hotel, the JR office is on your left and the train entrance is on your right. You show your voucher and your passport, fill out a form stating when you want it to start, and get your pass. Once you get it, you can use it on the JR trains across the walkway to get into Osaka and then Kyoto.
by Anaguma rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/25 11:08
You have to purchase the nationwide JR pass outside of Japan. Usually in your home country from a travel agent.
You cannot purchase it at Kansai Airport.

The only type of JR Pass you can buy in Kansai Airport are the JR WEST Passes, which might or might not be useful for you.
by John rate this post as useful

Thank You 2008/2/25 18:17
Yhank you my friends for your helpful replies to my post!
by Susana Braga rate this post as useful

JR pass 2008/2/26 04:44
please Google www.japanrailpass.net/ to learn all about the JR pass. click on English or another language to get the first JR PASS page.

At Kansai airport there is a special JR pass booth right at ground level, opposite the customs North Exit. It is usually much less crowded than the counters at the JR station on the second floor.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

reply to this thread