Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Open-air views in Tokyo 2008/2/24 20:38
Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked thousands of times, I can't find the answer I'm looking for!

Like most tourists, I'm quite keen on getting a good view of Tokyo from high up. There seem to be countless buildings with observation decks, but most seem to offer a view from behind glass. For taking pictures, it's always best to be in the open air - like at the Empire State in New York. So can anyone recommend some open-air views of Tokyo? Ideally I'd like places that I can go up in the daytime but also ones which are open in the evening.

Thanks!
by Peter  

... 2008/2/27 13:45
The Sunshine 60 building has an open air observation deck:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3038.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2008/2/27 13:48
But I found the views from Ikebukuro not as exciting as from other observation decks.

Thanks! 2008/2/28 18:28
Thanks for that, I've also found out that apparently Tokyo City View in Roppongi Hills has an open-air section, although it costs an extra Y500 or so to get into that bit. Has anybody been there, is it worth it?
by Peter rate this post as useful

Mori Tower 2008/2/28 18:30
There is the observation deck in Mori Tower in Ropongi, I think there was a charge to go up there but the views were amazing and they have a nice restaurant as well
by Kittywheaty rate this post as useful

... 2008/2/28 19:27
I did not know about an open air section on the Mori Tower. And I can't find any such information on their website, either:
http://www.tokyocityview.com/en/index.html

Roppongi update 2008/4/25 09:11
I know this is an old thread, but an open-air observation deck will open at Roppongi Hills (Mori Tower?) from 26 April. Offering a 360-degree uninterrupted view, this is apparently the highest open-air observation deck in Japan.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building 2008/4/25 12:43
by TOKYO rate this post as useful

Open-air vies in Tokyo 2008/4/25 13:12
Tokyo wrote:

It is free!

It is indeed, but it is not open-air, which is what this thread is about.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

reply to this thread