Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ikebukuro to Hakone please .. 2008/2/25 14:07
Dear all

Leaving Japan for 13D trip from 21 March & I am planning a 1day trip from Ikebukuro to Hakone, Yunessun Onsen. Need Help!! i am confused by the many subways in Japan ..

1. What are my options for travelling to/fro Ikebukuro Station & Hakone Yunessun Onsen?

2. What are the highly recommended sighseeing spots in Hakone I should include in this 1Day trip?

3. Would 4 hours be enough for Yunessun Onsen?

4. Can I use the unlimited Metro Pass on yamanote line?

5. What would the temperature be like from 21 March to 01 April? Do I expect strong wind?
by kye  

. 2008/2/25 14:41
From Ikebukuro Station, take JR trains to Shinjuku Station. At Shinjuku Station change to Odakyu Railways to the Hakone Area.

What to see and do in Hakone and transportation options can be found here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5200.html

If you mean by Tokyo Metro day pass, NO, the metro pass is only valid on Tokyo Metro trains, the Yamanote Line is a Japan Railways (JR) train.
by John rate this post as useful

Hakone .. Gotemba 2008/3/8 04:40
And there are things I just cant figure out ..
Can help me pls ..

* From Shinjuku -/ Odakyu Line -/ Hakoneyumoto -/ Izu-Hakone Bus -/ Kowakien -/ Yunessun Onsen (~2hrs)

1. Is it cheaper to travel with Odakyu Hakone Pass?
2. Is it recommended to do Gotemba & Yunessun Onsen in a day?
3. How do I travel from Kowakien to Gotemba Factory Outlet? And the Journey Time ..
4. How do I travel back to

Thanks!!!
by Kye rate this post as useful

... 2008/3/8 09:21
Is it cheaper to travel with Odakyu Hakone Pass?

No. If you just visit Yunessun and nothing else, regular tickets will be cheaper, especially if you intend to use Izu-Hakone buses, which are not covered by the Hakone Free Pass. But note that Yunessun can also be reached by Hakone Tozan Buses, which are covered by the Hakone Free Pass.

Is it recommended to do Gotemba & Yunessun Onsen in a day?

If you leave early in the morning, it should be possible.

How do I travel from Kowakien to Gotemba Factory Outlet? And the Journey Time

By bus via Gora Station. But there are only about six buses per day between Gora and the outlet. Alternatively, take buses via Sengoku.

4. How do I travel back to

Tokyo? Here you go:
http://www.premiumoutlets.co.jp/en/gotemba/access/index.php
by Uji rate this post as useful

Gotemba to Shinjuku 2008/3/8 16:17
Thank you Uji!!

I will be leaving hotel at 7am.
Spend half day at Yunessun ~9am to 1pm -/ Proceed to Gotemba for lunch and shopping.

1. With the 5000yen Odakyu Hakone Freepass, will I be required to pay the 870yen limited express surcharge for the romancecar?
2. Hakone Tozen Bus to Kowakien Yunessun direct? It will be the same boarding/alighting stops as Izu-Hakone?
3. Instead of via Gora, Can I take the Hakone Tozen Bus from Yunessun to Gotemba Factory Outlet?
4. Is the Gotemba station covered by Odakyu Hakone Freepass? With my freepass, does it cover my journey from Gotemba station to Shinjuku?
5. Gotemba web stated I can travel fm Gotemba station to Shinjuku. Is the Gotemba station within walking distance from the Gotemba FOS?
by Kye rate this post as useful

... 2008/3/8 17:36
With the 5000yen Odakyu Hakone Freepass, will I be required to pay the 870yen limited express surcharge for the romancecar?

Yes. You can travel without surcharge if you use the somewhat slower "express" trains. Some express trains operate directly from Shinjuku to Hakone-Yumoto.

Hakone Tozen Bus to Kowakien Yunessun direct?

Yes.

It will be the same boarding/alighting stops as Izu-Hakone?

Almost identical.

Instead of via Gora, Can I take the Hakone Tozen Bus from Yunessun to Gotemba Factory Outlet?

Only on weekdays, there are two direct buses from Kowakien bus (near Yunessun) to the outlet, departing at 9:33 and 10:33.

During the rest of the day and on weekdays there is no direct buses. You will have to transfer buses once at Gora Station. Departures from Gora Station to the outlet mall:

Weekdays:
9:40, 10:40, 13:20, 14:40, 16:20 and 17:20

Weekends and national holidays:
9:10, 10:35, 13:20, 14:35, 16:20 and 17:20

The one way journey from Gora Station to the outlet mall takes 45 minutes and is fully covered by the Hakone Free Pass.

From Kowakien, buses depart for Gora every 15-20 minutes. It takes only 5 minutes to get from Kowakien to Gora Station.

Is the Gotemba station covered by Odakyu Hakone Freepass?

Yes, the free area of the Hakone Free Pass includes Gotemba Station and the outlet mall.

With my freepass, does it cover my journey from Gotemba station to Shinjuku?

No. Only if you travel back via Hakone-Yumoto and Odawara. The direct buses from Gotemba back to Tokyo are not covered by the Hakone Free Pass.

Gotemba web stated I can travel fm Gotemba station to Shinjuku. Is the Gotemba station within walking distance from the Gotemba FOS?

What is FOS? The outlet mall is connected with Gotemba Station and Gotemba IC (along the Tomei Expressway) by a free shuttle bus. And Hakone Tozan operates the above mentioned infrequent direct buses from Gora Station to the outlet mall.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread