Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Train change from Masumoto to Kyoto 2008/2/25 21:30
Hi! Departing to Japan in one week! Just a quick question on one part of our trip from Hakuba to Kyoto -

I have worked out which train we need to catch, however we only have 5 mins to change over from Azusa No 24 (Masumoto station) to Shinano No 16 (going to Kyoto Station) - does anyone know what platform this train is on or perhaps directions?

Would be sooo appreciated

Thanks
by Jade Tang  

Cross-platform 2008/2/26 10:14
The connection is a cross-platform interchange, from platform 2 to platform 1.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/26 11:18
Just a quick question on one part of our trip from Hakuba to Kyoto -

I have worked out which train we need to catch, however we only have 5 mins to change over from Azusa No 24 (Masumoto station) to Shinano No 16 (going to Kyoto Station) - does anyone know what platform this train is on or perhaps directions?

You are very likely to make it to the connecting Shinano train.

However as far as I see at my local station in Tokyo, the limited express 'Azusa' is often running late by several minutes. If that's the case on your train, insist to the conductor that he make an arrangement for you to have the Shinano 16 waiting for you at Matsumoto.

Are you traveling on a JR Pass? If so and the Azusa is delayed, you could catch the next Shinano 18 leaving Matsumoto at 15:42 and arriving at Nagoya at 17:48, where you change to the Shinkansen Hikari 419 which leaves Nagoya at 18:07 and arrives Kyoto at 18:43.

It arrives at Kyoto only 7 minutes later than the Shinano 16.

BTW, in case you travel this route on and after 15th March, the schedule will be revised.

e.g. Shinano-Omachi 15:04--Azusa26--15:43 Matsumoto 15:52--Shinano 18--17:59 Nagano 18:11--Hikari--18:48 Kyoto
by optimistk rate this post as useful

reply to this thread