Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to get from KIX Osaka to Kyoto 2008/2/26 04:34
I'm going to Kyoto in May. My flight arrives at Kansai Internatinal Airport in Osaka and will come in late. I' m a little bit worried how to get to Kyoto on public transportion, especially if the flight comes in late. Until what time is the Express train to Kyoto running?
by Sylvia  

Last Train 2008/2/26 10:29
The last direct train is the JR Haruka 60 leaving 22.16, arriving Kyoto at 23.32. There is a train at 22.30 that requires a change at Osaka, getting to Kyoto at 00.09.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/26 10:33
I'm going to Kyoto in May. My flight arrives at Kansai Internatinal Airport in Osaka and will come in late. I' m a little bit worried how to get to Kyoto on public transportion, especially if the flight comes in late. Until what time is the Express train to Kyoto running?

Last express train to Kyoto from KIX:
Haruka 60 KIX 22:16 -- 23:32 Kyoto (schedule valid from 15th March)
Until the last one the train runs mostly every 30 minutes.

The limousine bus info:
http://www.kate.co.jp/pc/time_table/kyoto_tt.html#from

The bus is cheaper than the 'Haruka' by approx. 1,000yen.
by optimistk rate this post as useful

KIX to Kyoto 2008/2/26 10:34
the Haruka schedule shows a departure from Kansai airport at 22:16 (10:16 pm.)arriving in Kyoto at 23:32 (11:32 pm.)
So far it has always taken me less than 1 hour from the arrival of the plane to the train platform, including changing the JR PASS voucher to a pass or buying a Kansai pass etc.
there is also regular trains leaving at 11:05 pm. but unfortunately there is at least one change of train.
by Red Frog rate this post as useful

arrives at 20:30pm 2008/8/21 20:33
My Jetstar flight is scheduled to arrive at KIX at 20:30pm. I will need to buy the JR West Pass and Kintetsu pass.
Will I be able to catch the 22:16pm JR Haruka to Kyoto?
by Michelle rate this post as useful

. 2008/8/21 22:43
--My Jetstar flight is scheduled to arrive at KIX at 20:30pm. I will need to buy the JR West Pass and Kintetsu pass.
Will I be able to catch the 22:16pm JR Haruka to Kyoto?--

I presume it's feasible unless the flight is delayed.

Kansai Airport Agency, a sales point of the Kintetsu Pass is open until 22:00.
http://www.kansai-airport.or.jp/en/service/general/index.htm...
by optimistk rate this post as useful

Enjoy planning :) 2008/8/22 00:17
it's possible for you to book a hotel at KIX airport island, near KIX, on the way from KIX to Osaka, in Osaka and in Kyoto.

The safest place is the Rinku Town near the airport. The most adventurous is Kyoto. Enjoy planning! XD

To Michelle
There are some possiblities for the airport trains/buses to be suspended to pass the airport bridge under very strong wind. Be careful if you visit Japan during typhoon season. :)
by Ts rate this post as useful

Many Thanks 2008/8/22 12:36
Hi optimistk & Ts,

Thanks for the info. I was worry about the flight dealy and wasn't aware of the bridge could be closed!! Hopefully there will be no typhoon when I am there (9/25 - 10/10).

Will probably play safe and stay in Hineno (one stop after Rinku-Town). Still deciding...
by Michelle rate this post as useful

reply to this thread