Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

From Toyohashi to Hiroshima-7 days trip 2008/2/26 06:26
I'm traveling in Japan from 21 st March until 3 rd April. First five days, I am staying in Tokyo with two day trips (Kamakura and Nikko). Then my base become Toyohashi, where my sister lives.I will have 7 days JR Pass. So, I would like to visit KYOTO, NARA, HIMEJI, HIROSHIMA, NAGOYA, OSAKA.
I know, that I don't have a plenty of time, but please help me make the best trip during 7 days.
Is it possible to visit two towns in the same day, because I plan to visit Kyoto in two days? Is it to far to travel every day from Toyohashi to quoted towns?

Thank you very much

by Asia  

. 2008/2/27 03:24
Can you tell me what days you plan to use the pass? Are you using the pass to return to Tokyo/Narita?

As far as what you want to do, I think the Hiroshima trip is just too much for one day. It will take you at least 8 hours on the train, there and back, with around 6-7 hours in Hiroshima. You might want to consider an overnight stay. I have a few ideas, just need to know about the days the pass will be used.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

From Toyohashi to Hiroshima-7 days trip 2008/2/27 06:05
Hello RobBeer,
I am planning to use the pass from 27th of March to 2nd of April (overnight in Tokyo) and 3 rd return to home.
by Asia rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/27 06:40
I make that six days in Tokyo, or are you not using the Rail Pass to get to your sister's house?

. 2008/2/27 07:56
Sorry, I didn't write, that the first five days I'll be staying in Tokyo guest house and I won't use pass. I think it is better to use it for long distances.And the last night I will overnight in Tokyo too. To Narita I will buy regular ticket, just like the firs five days.Do you think it has sense or not? Thanks in advance

. 2008/2/27 08:45
OK, so it is six nights in Tokyo, that makes sense. Here is what I suggest:

21st: Arrive. Get N'EX + Suica deal to get to Tokyo. The N'EX ticket will get you to any JR station in Tokyo. If you have to use the subway, the Suica will get you there.

22nd: Tokyo

23rd: It's Sunday, it has to be Yoyogi Park/Harajuku.

24th: Kamakura. I would suggest the Kamakura Enoshima Free Kippu:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2358_004.html

25th: Tokyo

26th: Nikko

27th: From Tokyo to Toyohashi, drop luggage and then go to Himeji (possiblely arriving around 14.00). Evening, continue on to Hiroshima and stay overnight.

28th: Hiroshima/Miyajima. Evening return to Toyohashi

29th: Nara

30th: Osaka

31st: Kyoto: Consider another overnight stay.

1st: Kyoto

2nd: Nagoya (Luggage in locker at Nagoya?). Evening, train to Tokyo.

3rd Keisai Airport Express to Narita, 1,000 Yen.

I've not put in train times because they will change on March 15th. You can work out your timings here nearer the date:

http://www.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/hyperWeb.cgi

I think you really have to do the overnight in Hiroshima. Toyoko Inn have good prices, 6,090-6,300 Yen for a single in Hiroshima:

http://www.toyoko-inn.com/eng/

As you are arriving late, I would go for the Hiroshima-eki Shin-kansen-guchi location that is 3 minutes from the station @ 6,300 Yen. There are currently plenty of rooms available.

The Kyoto Shijo-Karasuma location still has singles (smoking only) left for the 31st @ 6,720 Yen. These will go fast, so if you think you would go with this make a reservation on-line now. You can always cancel up until the day of arrival.

I think that covers most things, any questions?

Left Out 2008/2/27 08:49
29th, 30th and 1st should state that you will return in the evening to Toyohashi!

- 2008/2/28 05:34
Dear RobBeer,

Thank you very much, you really help me a lot!

Best regards

reply to this thread