Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Train between Osaka and Himeji 2008/2/26 10:28
Hi friends

I would like to know about eating Bento on Train.
Can I have a lunch on train from Osaka to Himeji? It is take long time and I want to save time for traveling.
In my case, I will use normal or rapid train by seishun kippu. I understand that the chairs is always face to face.
Is it right?
Are there any chairs like Shinkansen chairs?

If chairs is face to face, it is difficult to have a lunch on train .

Thank you very mcuh for your answer

Jenny

by Jenny  

. 2008/2/26 10:42
I would say the rule is usually that if there is food served on the train (shinkansen or limited express) then it is OK. You normally don't see people eating bento meals on local trains.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/26 11:25
I don't recommend it. The new rapid service, or 'Shinkaisoku' is considered a commuter train and is always busy.

You might as well eat only snacks or bread with a drink in the seat, which is likely to be tolerated by other passengers if you feel starving.

by optimistk rate this post as useful

depends 2008/3/7 08:22
eating on the trains just depends on the time of day. You'll see people eating bento during the non-busy hours. But early morning and evening times it's too crowded to even try.
by Daz88 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread