Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Contacting Japanese Record Labels? 2008/2/26 12:08
I searched the forum before deciding to post. I didn't really see a sufficient answer to what I'm about to ask.

I've been doing spec remixes for various artists over the years & would like to contact a couple of Japanese labels for possible work.

Problem is I have very little experience dealing with the record companies directly. All of my previous work has come from 2nd or 3rd parties.

So... Are there any out there who have more experience in this area than I?

I'm pretty sure contacting a Japanese label requires a proficiency in writing Japanese. Something I'm not quite comfortable with doing yet. Is there a chance that submitting a request in English would be acceptable?

Anyway, any constructive advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
by Greg  

Try to e-mail them 2008/2/27 07:20
I think proper japanese would be good, but why donLt you try to e-mail them in english?, if possible with a link to a site where they can listen to your work. I think that if theyLre interested theyLll try to contact you back even if they cannot speak fluent english.
by aerond rate this post as useful

Thanks 2008/2/27 12:54
Thanks much. I've been looking at a few label sites but from what I've seen few seem to put contact information in plain site. Of course I could have missed that section as well. =)

I'll keep looking.
by Greg rate this post as useful

reply to this thread