Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

second class in shinkansen seat type? 2008/2/27 16:52
i'm planning to take JTB tour to kyoto. I read that i will get a second class shinkansen seat type. What is the meaning ofthat? WAs is kind of reserved an non reserved?
by Pin  

. 2008/2/27 17:07
Probably meant "ordinary" seat on the Shinkansen. Ordinary seats are just as comfortable, with plenty of leg room.
I think JTB tour seats are reserved.
by John rate this post as useful

don't worry about comfort 2008/2/27 17:22
You have 3 kinds of seats: the non-reserved, the reserved and the "green" seats (wich is basically first-class). Non-reserved and reserved offer the same comfort (wich is still very nice), but as the name implies: With non-reserved there is a chance that there won't be a seat for you left, requiring you to either stand up or take the next train. If you know you are taking a busy line, this can be avoided by arriving early to be one of the first people in line.
by Jimmy rate this post as useful

thank you 2008/2/27 17:39
thanks a lot, i got it now. So, all the shinkansen seat type are not my worries :)
by Pin rate this post as useful

reply to this thread