Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Toyoko inn membership 2008/2/28 12:46
How much discount do Toyoko Inn offer if I apply as a member upon check-in at the hotel??

Which location of the Toyoko Inn in Osaka is convenient to access to the Kansai Airport? (especially if I have a lot of luggages to carry)
by tc  

. 2008/2/28 15:07
Toyoko-inn no longer advertises international membership, current international members are fine and they accept the international card, but I don't think the accept any new applicants.
by John rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/28 19:31
As John has stated, the international version of the Toyoko Inn card has been withdrawn. Also, if you are a current holder of the international card, if it is not used for a period of two years the card will automatically expire. If this happens, you will not be able to renew.

The best Toyoko Inn if using JR Haruka train would be Shin Osaka. If using Nankai Rapi:t service from Nanba, the Nanba location is best. The Shin Osaka locations are probably a little nearer to the station, but the train is cheaper from Nanba. Personally, I prefer the Nanba area and always stay there for accessing the airport. Also, the Rapi:t train is amazing, future-retro!
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

Bus & Subway passes 2008/3/1 18:23
I'am confuse. Should I buy the 1 day bus pass or 2 day sightseeing pass during my 1 night stay in Kyoto?

Place to visit : Kiyomizu temple / Gion / Nishiki Market / Sagano & Arashiyama

by tc rate this post as useful

. 2008/3/2 01:09
sorry, i'll be staying 2 nights in Kyoto.

... 2008/3/2 08:34
Should I buy the 1 day bus pass or 2 day sightseeing pass during my 1 night stay in Kyoto?

The bus pass does not cover Arashiyama and the 2-day sightseeing pass does not cover convenient transportation to Arashiyama (only bus, which often gets stuck in traffic jams).

Considering that you don't do much traveling in Kyoto, I recommend to pay regular fares or use a Surutto Kansai Prepaid Card, which can also be used for transportation in Osaka and between Kyoto and Osaka (except JR trains).
by Uji rate this post as useful

Dai-ichi Takimotokan reservation 2008/3/7 14:56
Tried making a reservation for Takimotokan in Noboribetsu.
May I know what is the entry coupon code for?
I tried to click Apply but nothing appeared.

New International Club Card 2008/8/22 23:44
I think the International Club Card is coming back. Starting Sept 9th. Take a look.
http://www.toyoko-inn.com/news/clubcard/clubcard.html

No one seemed to answer the original question of whether one gets the club discount when they register-upon check in. Does anyone know?
by Di rate this post as useful

. 2008/8/23 00:32
Yes, it does look like it is coming back. I noticed in another thread you commented about not being able to read the text in the blue box. It seems to indicate that the prices are good until March 2009. But maybe someone can say what the two different prices are for?

As for discount, if you apply for membership at the first Toyoko Inn you stay at you should be issued with a temporary membership card and your nights will count towards your first "free night" coupon. You then show the membership card at all other Toyoko Inns that you stay at on your trip. If you stay for more than ten nights, a "free night" coupon will be sent to your home address. So you will not be able to take advantage of the free night's stay until you next return to Japan, and this must also be done within 2 years of the voucher being issued.

The only other discount you will get with the temporary card should be the 30% discount on Sundays and holidays. Also, any reservations made with the temporary card will give you early check-in privileges, but this does not apply to any rooms booked previously without the card.

Thanks Rob 2008/8/23 00:59
Thanks for the info Rob. I usually come to Japan 2-3 times a year, so I will use the freebie.

have to register in person? 2008/8/26 14:02
I just saw the website with the new International card program...I suppose you have to register in person? It'd be nice if they have something online so I can book early rooms for my next trip.
by segadcsonic rate this post as useful

. 2008/8/26 17:35
segadcsonic: you have to make the application at the first hotel you stay at on your next trip to Japan. It is not possible to register in advance. There is nothing to stop you making regular reservations in advance, though.

. 2008/8/26 19:36
When I made a normal booking recently ( for Kyoto )I noticed I could now book 3 months in advance.
by Connie Chiwa rate this post as useful

30% discount on sunday 2008/8/27 12:19
Am I right to say that if i made a reservation 2months in advance online and I apply for the membership when i check in the hotel, there'll be a 30% off if that night happened to be a sunday?
by yoyo rate this post as useful

. 2008/8/27 17:05
It has been several years since I got my 4&5 membership, but at that time I got the Sunday and holiday discount when I presented the temporary membership card (which was a flat rate price, not the 30% discount that is now offered). This was on rooms booked over the internet before I applied for the card, I am assuming the same policy applies.

. 2008/8/27 17:28
Am I right to say that if i made a reservation 2months in advance online and I apply for the membership when i check in the hotel, there'll be a 30% off if that night happened to be a sunday?

Honestly I wouldn't assume anything if you arenot a member at the moment. If you book the rate at 7140yen or whatever, you should go on the assumption that it will cost that much, any savings would be great.
by John rate this post as useful

The New International Club Card 2008/9/10 07:39
They have a new campaign (from 9-9-2008 to 3-31-2009) that makes the purchase price for the card at 1500 yen. Cards purchased after 3-31-2009 will cost 3000 yen. You don't need to bring a photo. They will take your picture.

Sunday Discount 2008/12/4 00:18
If you are signing up for the new international card, the Sunday or holiday discount applies at your next reservation or site. So don't expect a discount if you sign up for the international card during that reservation. Point for the free stay apply.

reply to this thread