Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to go other than Tokyo? 2008/3/1 01:54
Thanks to japan-guide, i enjoyed my last trip to Japan (Osaka,Kyoto,Nara,Izu,Tokyo) Now my friend is asking me to join her to Japan for around 10 to 11 days. Since its her first time in Japan, she wishes to cover Tokyo and i am thinking of covering Mt Fuji as well. Hopefully i want to cover some other places which i have not been and is worth visiting and feasible within the 11 days. Any suggestions?
by Delia  

... 2008/3/2 12:38
Some suggestions. Pick them according to your interests:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e623a.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

When are you going? 2008/3/3 07:28
It really depends on the time of year that you're going. If you're going in the summertime, going up north is really nice. Hokkaido or Sendai has beautiful hot springs resorts and lots of scenery.
by Kaye rate this post as useful

End of August 2008/3/7 03:51
We will be going from August 21-31. We are planning to visit Hakone with 1 day and is considering Ichinoyu Honkan for our accommodation. 4-5 days in Tokyo covering 1 day at Disney, 1 day for Asakusa and Odaiba, 1 day for Shibuya and Harajuku and 1 day for Shinjuku and Akihabara and 1/2 day in Ikebukuro. For Tokyo accomodation, we are considering Sakura Hotel at Ikebukuro.Is this hotel good? Is my plan for Tokyo feasible? With the remaining 4 days, can someone please suggest where we can go? I heard its very hot during August time, is it true? August is also the school holiday right, will it be too crowded and is it the right time to visit Japan?

by Delia rate this post as useful

Nikko 2008/3/7 04:46
Also try Nikko. I love it.
by atpay rate this post as useful

Kamakura 2008/3/7 07:43
Be sure to go to Kamkura and Enoshima area. Beauitful area with lots of temples and on the coast for great views of the sea. About an hour or so on the train from Tokyo.
by Daz88 rate this post as useful

Ueno koen? 2008/3/7 10:19
It will be hot in August. Humid too. It's not unbearable, but you might just move a little slower because of the heat.

I would suggest to go to Ueno park if you have time. There's a zoo, and many museums, and other interesting things.
by Bob rate this post as useful

Thanks 2008/3/8 02:37
Thanks for the suggestions, i will note them down. I happen to see a photo of Nishizawa Keikoku which looks beautiful. Has anyone been there? Can tell me more about this place?
by Delia rate this post as useful

... 2008/3/8 09:12
Yes, I have been there. Here is more information:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6951.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread