Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Luggage for the tateyama alpine route 2008/3/2 21:06
Hi,

I will be approaching the alpine route from Toyama and end at Shinano Omachi. Are we allowed to carry our luggage on board all the various mode of transport (including the ropeway)?

I understand there is a luggage forwarding service, how do we arrange that and is it advisable?

I will go on the alpine route on 30th April, can we walk along the snow corridor?

Thanks
by Alicia  

... 2008/3/3 08:19
Are we allowed to carry our luggage on board all the various mode of transport (including the ropeway)?

If it is relatively small, it should be okay. Especially on busy days, you should refrain from brining big luggage.

I understand there is a luggage forwarding service, how do we arrange that and is it advisable?

If you have luggage it is advisable to use the service. There are dedicated drop off and pick up places with dedicated drop off and pick up time slots along the route, including at Shinano-Omachi Station ("Alps Roman Kan" building, drop off between 9 and 11:10) and Toyama Station (Dentetsu Toyama Station; drop off before 10:30). Pick up is possible after 16:00.

Details in Japanese:
http://www.alpen-route.com/bsc2-recomm3.html

I will go on the alpine route on 30th April, can we walk along the snow corridor?

Yes.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Luggage for alpine route 2008/3/5 11:34
Can we drop luggage off at Toyama on 24th April, evening and collect it from Shinano-omachi on 26th April. Reason is we are staying at Murodo area on 25th night. Do they charge extra if not collect on the same day?
by CYC rate this post as useful

... 2008/3/5 11:57
I am not sure. You can inquire at the Alpine Route support desk by phone (although I don't know whether they have English speaking staff):
076-464-1788

Alternatively, you could consider using a regular delivery service from the hotel you stay before the Alpine Route to the hotel where you stay after the Alpine Route:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2278.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread