Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itininerary Advice 2008/3/9 08:55
Aloha Japan Advisors,

Please help me with some details regarding our trip in late March.

We will arrive in Kawagoe via the Tobu line. Can we walk from Tobu Kawagoe station to Kitain temple, old buildings, candy alley and Unton restaurant? Viewing a city map, it looks like Kawagoe-shi is a bit closer to the major sites. Is this correct?

Is anyone familiar with Kasurazuka? We are interested in seeing the old cobblestone streets. I believe we get off on Iidabashi station and walk towards Mitsukoshi. Any recommendations for this area?

We are a group of 3 adults and 1 child. We will go to Nikko from Asakusa. Can someone help me decipher the Tobu line timetable? I don't know which train is the Spacia. We will be traveling to Nikko on March 25, Tuesday. Do you think it'll be necessary to get a reserved limited express seat? What is a "private room" on the Spacia?

What will conditions be in Nikko/Lake Chuzenji/Kirifuni Heights? Will it be covered with snow?

Is there a flea market at Yoyogi Park on 3/20?

Arigato gozaimasu!

by papayahead  

... 2008/3/9 12:23
Can we walk from Tobu Kawagoe station to Kitain temple, old buildings, candy alley and Unton restaurant?

Don't know the Unton restaurants, but all the other sights can be reached on foot. About 15 minutes apart from each other.

Viewing a city map, it looks like Kawagoe-shi is a bit closer to the major sites. Is this correct?

The most centrally located train station is Hon-Kawagoe on the Seibu Line.

Can someone help me decipher the Tobu line timetable?

The timetable in English:
http://www.tobu.co.jp/foreign/timetable.html

The red colored ones are Spacia trains.

Do you think it'll be necessary to get a reserved limited express seat?

No, you can also travel without seat reservation on the rapid trains (black colored in the timetable).

What will conditions be in Nikko/Lake Chuzenji/Kirifuni Heights? Will it be covered with snow?

Lake Chuzenji currently has a snow height of 0 cm. The average snow height there is 15 cm in mid March and below 10 cm in late March. Just like now, there might be no snow.
by Uji rate this post as useful

thanks uji 2008/3/9 14:42
Thanks Uji,

Once again, you are a great resource for my plans.

Go japan-guide!

aloha,
papayahead
by papayahead rate this post as useful

reply to this thread