Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What does it mean? 2008/3/12 19:48
腰を抜かす.

Although i can find the meanings of all the words in this sentence, i still couldn't understand the meaning. My dictionary says nukasu is to leave out and koshi is to hip.. Any help?
by Rajeev  

where 2008/3/13 11:41
where did you find this?

I found similar pharses with two kanji that looks similar to the one you have up.
腰を据える 【こしをすえる】 (exp) to settle oneself (in a place)

腰を掛ける 【こしをかける】 (exp) to sit down
by Miyuki rate this post as useful

koshi 2008/3/13 12:31
腰を抜かす【こしをぬかす】be unable to stand up
It is also the idiom which means "be very surprised".
by Hiro rate this post as useful

Eijiro 2008/3/13 13:22
Rajeev,

The Eijiro online dictionary is the best place to look up words and phrases...

http://www.alc.co.jp/
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Eijiro Online Dictionary? 2008/3/16 18:34
hi!

does that translate from english to japanese? i have tried all the usual free online auto- translation sites, but which do you all think is the most accurate (i know they all tend to be pretty bad sometimes!)? i have also been looking for a translator that translates romaji into english, does anyone know of something like that? i'm looking for something to make IMs easier for me and my penpal -- we take our time in emails to each work on our language skills (me on japanese, him on english), and we study on our own, but sometimes we just wanna chat nice & relaxed, and so we both use auto translate sites sometimes. but...as you must all know, sometimes they can screw things up pretty badly, and we are both beginners in each others language, so a fun chat can turn stressful now and then, and a simple sentence can sometimes take like 10 minutes to communicate (a good joke can really lose its punch that way! xD ). i'd appreciate any help!
by anonymouse rate this post as useful

Romaji to English 2008/3/18 04:40
This site translates romaji to English and English to romaji:

http://www.freedict.com/onldict/jap.html
by Paul rate this post as useful

thanks! 2008/3/18 18:34
thank you, so far that's very helpful for romaji!
by anonymouse rate this post as useful

reply to this thread