Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

train reservations 2008/3/13 02:33
Hello,

I am wondering if it is always necessary to make train reservations, or if it a good idea to do so during particular days and times. I will be traveling at various times near/around Golden Week, but not always on the main holidays, so I am not certain if it will be so busy that I need to reserve seats. In particular, I'm wondering about the days:

Saturday April 26: travel from Nara to Kiso Vallery area
Tuesday April 29: travel from Nagano to Tokyo

If I do need to reserve a seat, how far in advance should this be done?

Thanks!
by lady80  

Seat reservations 2008/3/13 13:38
Lady,

Unless you are not worried about the possibility of having to stand, I would strongly suggest reserving seats if you are travelling during Golden Week. It doesn't cost much more (free if you are using the Japan Rail Pass), and will make your trip more enjoyable. JR trains can be booked up to one month in advance, so I would suggest reserving as soon as you get the opportunity after arriving in Japan if you know your travel schedules.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

... 2008/3/13 14:15
Saturday April 26:
This will be more or less just a normal weekend. You should have no problems making seat reservations a day or two before travel date.

Tuesday April 29: travel from Nagano to Tokyo

This is an isolated holiday for most. Not much abnormal travel activity can be expected. Again, you should have little problems making seat reservation a day or two ahead of travel date.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread