Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transportation Yokohama - Tokyo 2008/3/13 09:19
Hi all,

My family will be in Japan two weeks in latter half of March. We'll be staying in Yokohama and there'll be 4 of them.

Which means is the cheapest way of transportation fee for going around Yokohama - Tokyo during their travels? We'll be using trains (JR, Tokyu-Toyoko, Sotetsu, Yokohama Municipal Subway) and buses (Yokohama buses) a lot combined. My example of a good deal is the N'Ex - Suica Narita ticket. Is there any "discounted specific days ticket" for use around Yokohama - Tokyo trains and buses?

They'll be here 12 days if that may help.

Thank you for your answers!
by Just  

... 2008/3/13 11:13
I recommend to use NEX & Suica and afterwards use the Suica card for all your travels. It is likely to come the cheapest. And it is most convenient:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_002.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

.. 2008/3/13 13:19
Thanks Uji! I think they'll buy Suica for sure (along with the NEX ticket).

I thought like free pass in some cities (areas). But it seems no such options (for Kanto area) if I am right? I also thought of them buying the one day bus ticket (600‰~) everyday, but it seems not a good deal since maybe we only use bus twice a day.

Thanks anyway. If Uji-san and others have other suggestions please let me know. Yoroshiku ne.

by Just rate this post as useful

... 2008/3/13 14:21
The only ticket that could be of interest is the "Tokunai Free Kippu" by JR, which gives you a round trip by JR from Yokohama to Tokyo and back plus unlimited use of JR trains in central Tokyo (23 special ward area. It costs 1140 yen for use from Yokohama Station.
by Uji rate this post as useful

.. 2008/3/13 14:49
That would be good!

Thanks Uji!
by Just rate this post as useful

reply to this thread