Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tsukiji Fish Market 2008/3/14 14:49
Hi,
I'm planning to visit Tsukiji Fish Market on 4th April.

Is there other activities i can do at the Tsukiji Fish Market at 5am if i'm not going for the auction place?

Is there a map of the market??

Thanks in advance
by doubt  

Look at fish 2008/3/18 13:20
Tsukiji has more than just the fish market, but that's what most people go to see. You just wander around the big curved area, watching fish being dismembered and sawed up into sales manageable portions, while trying to avoid being run over by the little 2-cycle transport carts.

You can have a breakfast at one of the restaurants next to the fish market, or you can head into the outer market and get something cheaper.

A general map in Japanese is at
http://www.tsukiji-market.or.jp/youkoso/townguid/townguid.ht...
The curved light pink area is the fish market, the pink area with 4 legs is where the restaurants are, and the red area is the outer market.

Lately, so many tourists have been getting in the way, that the sales people are complaining. Don't get in anybody's way and don't touch the food because that's what it is.
by Anaguma rate this post as useful

reply to this thread