Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Rail Pass (To buy or not to buy) 2008/3/15 15:33
I'm travelling to Japan in May and will be travelling extensively for 11 days. Itinerary as follows :

Day 1 : Arrival at Narita
Day 2 : Tokyo
Day 3 : Tokyo
Day 4 : Chiba
Day 5 : Yokkamachi, Shizuoka
Day 6 : Nabari, Mie
Day 7 : Kyoto
Day 8 : Tottori
Day 9 : Hiroshima & Fukuoka
Day 10 : Tokyo
Day 11 : Back to Malaysia

In looking at these, I am seriously considering to buy the Japan Rail Pass 7 Days and as for my stay in Tokyo, maybe get the daily unlimited pass.

My question is :
1) Can the Japan Rail Pass be used to travel to those places from Day 4 to 10? The distance from one place to another is pretty big hence I know I have to use bullet train to cut the travelling time.

2) Which is the best unlimited daily pass to use in Tokyo interms of cost and ease of use? Cost is quite important as I'm budgeting for accomodation and food as well.

Hope you all can give me some advise. Itinerary is still pretty much shaky and unconfirmed. Hence, with your advise, I could make use of the travel period to the max.

TQ
by Malaysian Guy  

JR Pass 2008/3/17 23:39
Yes a 7 day JR Pass between day 4 and 10 is cheaper than single tickets and such distances you cannot do by bus. You are aware of long travel times day 10 ? Fukuoka (Hakata)- Tokyo 6 hours by two hikari shinkansen.
Single tickets within Tokyo, day pass only with extensive travel.
by Peter rate this post as useful

reply to this thread