Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shirakawa-go Nohi Bus 2008/3/17 16:55
Hi, i will take a bus from kanazawa to shirakawa-go early in the morning and come back in the same day on 31 March 2008. Could anyone please let me know the timetable to shirakawa-go and do i need to do any earlier reservation for the bus and how do i book it.
Thank you very much
by christine yong  

. 2008/3/18 00:58
i will take a bus from kanazawa to shirakawa-go early in the morning and come back in the same day on 31 March 2008. Could anyone please let me know the timetable to shirakawa-go and do i need to do any earlier reservation for the bus and how do i book it.

1) Kanazawa to Shirakawago; one way: 1,800yen, return: 3,200yen
8:40--9:55 (reservation mandatory)
14:40--15:55 (reservation mandatory)

2) Shirakawago to Kanazawa
11:15--12:30 (reservation mandatory)
17:05--18:20 (reservation mandatory)

Nohi Bus contact #: +81-(0)577-32-1688 (Not sure they speak English)
by optimistk rate this post as useful

busses from Takayama? 2008/3/19 00:50
do anyone know the timetable for busses from Takayama to Shirakawa-go and back?

tnx
by fluppo rate this post as useful

. 2008/3/19 03:20
do anyone know the timetable for busses from Takayama to Shirakawa-go and back?

Look at the link below.
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=1...

You need to make a reservation no matter which bus you may take between Takayama and Shirakawago, regardless of whether it's specified or not.

Reservation 2008/3/23 15:26
how many days in advance must I need to make the reservation. Do they speak english? If they don't , how do i go about making the reservation. Please advise.
Thank you.
by Wendy Lim rate this post as useful

On-line reservation 2008/4/2 17:38
You can book on the web site of nohi bus http://www.nouhibus.co.jp/.

The tricky part is to create an account and to type your name and address in katakana transcription (no roman letters possible). Just follow the link under the little bus driver to do this. For the rest, learn to recognize the kanji for the towns and use google translation for the rest. It is sufficient to do it (with a little patience too...).
http://www.google.com/translate_t?langpair=ja|en
I just booked tickets for a Kanazawa / Shirakawa trip in 3 weeks, and there was plenty of seats available.
The availability is shown in the schedule tables.
by Cecile rate this post as useful

. 2008/4/2 18:56
Nohi Bus claims that there are call center reps who speak English.
If you need to call internationally to make a booking, Skype will do.

Bus reservation 2008/4/3 08:55
Last Sept we arrived in the afternoon in Kanazawa, went to the bus booking office right next to the railway station and booked tickets for 4 people on the morning bus the next day with no difficulties. They found someone who spoke enough English to get by. It waas quite an amazing trip. Terrific roads straight through very long tunnels. We were expecting windy mountain roads but were plesantly surprised by the direct(through the mountain) route. Shirakawa-go was the highlight of our trip by the way. A really quaint village.
by Maree rate this post as useful

reply to this thread