Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto Cherry Blossom viewing 2008/3/25 09:34
Hi there.

I will be in kyoto on April 14. Will I be able to see cherry blossoms at all? I will be going to the philosophy walk, golden temple and arashiyama/sagano. I heard Arashiyama is beautiful during spring time with the cherry blossoms. Will I be too late on April 14-15?

The japan guide says best viewing time for kyoto is 3/20-4/8. What happens a few days after best viewing times? Are the trees empty ?

Thank you !
by Kaitlyn  

you have hope:) 2008/3/27 22:13
We saw some cherry blossom in Kyoto already on 13/03, so I think there is early and later blossoming trees. When leaved Tokyo 21/03, there were only some of trees blossoming - I think you have good chances to see some!
by girl with dream rate this post as useful

cherry trees 2008/3/28 08:09
After the best viewing times the trees start to become more green than pink, the leaves come out as the flowers fall, so the trees won't be empty but they will look like ordinary trees.

It's really hard to say even at this point if you will see sakura. In Tokyo the trees are almost 100% bloomed now, but I read comments on a news site yesterday that in parts of Nara and Kyoto they haven't even started opening yet. It depends how much rain and wind there is over the next 2 weeks how fast the blossoms will fall as well.
by Sira rate this post as useful

is anybody in Kyoto right now? 2008/4/1 11:03
Is anybody in Kyoto that can give us a quick update on the status of the cherry blossoms? Are most of the cherry blossoms in Arashiyma, and Philosophy Walk in full bloom? Thank you!
by Kaitlyn rate this post as useful

Kyoto late cherry blossom 2008/4/3 18:18
Would like to get an update on cherry blossoms in Kyoto as well. I'm going to be there on Thursday. Can someone recommend good places in Kyoto to catch late blooming cherry blossoms?

Thanks!!!

Joy
by Joy rate this post as useful

.. 2008/4/3 22:58
Hi Joy,

I just went to Path of Philosophy yesterday (2/Apr), it's very nice with cherry in full bloom.
by Alex rate this post as useful

oh no =( 2008/4/4 10:58
that's sad to hear.. i'll be arriving in kyoto on the 13. I guess i'm going to miss the cherry blossoms.
by Wendy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread