Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What unique thing should we do? 2008/3/26 03:44
We will be in Japan May5-29, and will be staying in Osaka with one side trip to Hiroshima and Himeji, and several day trips through the surround areas (Nara, Kyoto, Kobe, etc).

What uniquely Japanese thing should be be sure to do during this time? We already have one night reserved at an onsen resort.
by Robyn  

try eating 2008/3/26 09:49
You can try to eat raw horse and chicken meat in Kyoto.
bon a petite!
by In rate this post as useful

unique things 2008/3/26 17:55
Without knowing your specific interests, the neighborhood of Jinai-machi near Tondayabashi in Osaka, is one of the nicest, preserved historical neighborhoods I've seen in Japan, but isn't well known or touristy.

by Inago rate this post as useful

Onsen 2008/3/27 07:25
Stay in a Ryokan or even a Capsule Hotel that allows women. Have a Japanese Bath and visit a Onsen.
by Glen rate this post as useful

thanks! 2008/3/27 13:23
Inago that sounds awesome, just the sort of thing I am looking for. Could you give me directions on how to get there? I know the subways system, so if you could just tell me how to get there from the closest station...

by Robyn rate this post as useful

Unique place 2008/3/27 13:31
to see that old district you need to go to Namba and take the Nagano line of the kintetsy railway (nothing to do with the town of Nagano Northwest of Tokyo!. you have to get off at the Tondabayashi-nishiguchi Station. to know how to go there from for example JR Osaka station use www.hyperdia.com it will give you the route details.
by Auntie Bert rate this post as useful

America town in Osaka? 2008/3/30 05:23
About 5 years ago I met some college kids that took us to America Town in Osaka... I would like to revisit this area on my next trip to Japan (May). How do I find it? I seem to recall it being near the Shinsaibashi shopping district.

There was one shop that I simply must take my new husband to, because I think it will be great for a laugh (Condomamia). I am pretty sure I remember it being in this area, but I never went to it because it wasn't appropriate for my companions at the time.
by Robyn rate this post as useful

Osaka 2008/3/30 07:36
oops! in my previous post I meant kintetsu railway. the only Condomania I know is in Harajuku(Tokyo).
America-Mura is just west of Mido-suji along Suomachi-suji you need to google it to get directions and possibly a map or ask for a map in your hotel or at the tourist desk at Kansai airport. talking about Shinsaibashi you have been to the covered shopping street haven't you? are you familiar with the Umeda sky building and the huge underground mall under JR, Hankyu and Hanshin rail stations? what about the Yodobashi cameras store on the north side of JR Osaka station? check their amazing refrigerators and washing machines, besides a huge number of cameras and such! do you know Namba parks, a shopping complex in Namba with 8 levels of gardens cascading down the side of the building?
by Auntie Bert rate this post as useful

How to get there 2008/3/30 19:55
1. Reach JR Tennoji station on JR loop line in Osaka.

2. Just next to the JR station, you can find Kintetsu Osaka-Obeno station.

3. Catch the Semi-Express train bound for Kawachi-Nagano on Kintetsu railway. One way fare is 430yen. The Semi-Express departs every 15 minites.

4. Get off the train at Tondabayashi station, 7 stops from Osaka-Abeno.

http://www.city.tondabayashi.osaka.jp/foreign/jinaimachi/ind...
by ts rate this post as useful

reply to this thread