Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Toyoko Inn Dilemma 2008/3/29 02:11
HI guys,
I will be going to tokyo from the 24-30th April
I will be staying in tokyo from 24th to 26th april then head to hakone from 27th to 28 april and back to tokyo ion 29th april

I managed to book a double room for 24 and 25th april only. However I will need to stay on 26th April too. Hence I booked a single room for the 26th APril
Anyone had simliar experience? Can 2 people share the single room? I will hope to prevent the trouble of shifting to another place to stay in.
Any suggestions

Also I am planning to stay in ginza on 29th April
Any toyoko Inns located there?
Thanks
by Dilemma  

. 2008/3/29 09:13
Single rooms are meant for one person only. Honestly I'm not sure how you can really fit a second person into a some Toyoko Inn rooms tobegin with.
by John rate this post as useful

. 2008/3/29 09:19
The hotel will not allow two people to stay in a single room, they are very strict on this. You will need to get an additional single room or relocate.

There are no Toyoko Inns in the Ginza area.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

. 2008/3/29 09:33
You didn't say which location you booked. I just checked Otsuka 2 location and they have one double available, non smoking for 24th-26th.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

Help 2008/3/29 13:32
Hi there. Thanks for your reply.
I will be staying in Ikekuburo. So u mentioned that they are un willing to accomodate at all?
I will hope to stay in ikekuburo. An dhope to be able to find a similar price range. Any suggestions?
by Dilemma rate this post as useful

. 2008/3/29 14:22
The starplaza ikebukuro has semidouble rooms available the 26th that can accommodate 2 people for 8400 yen.

http://www.star-hotel.co.jp/starplaza.html
http://www.star-hotel.co.jp/img/hotelmape.jpg

Help 2008/3/29 14:29
Thanks for your help John.
Sounds quite feasible. but is there any possibily of helping me locate a hotel that is reasonably priced any has availability from 24 th to 26th April?
Thank I might just forgo the toyoko Inn then

. 2008/3/29 14:30
As for the 29th:

While very close to Ginza is the Hotel Universe Nihonbashi:

http://www.hotelu-kayabacho.com/english/

You can get to Ginza Station in 7 minutes.

Rates very comparable to Toyoko-Inn, plus look at the various plans they have, if you are a Couple there's a couple plan, there's also a ladies only plan, or standard rates. Earlier check-in and later check out then Toyoko-inns.

Toyoko Inn 2008/3/29 14:36
Why Ikebukuro? there is nothing special about that area, especially compared to Shinjuku, Shinagawa,Shibuya etc. There are lots of Toyoko inn in Tokyo and all are close to major transit lines.
by Auntie Bert rate this post as useful

Help 2008/3/29 14:42
My parents have already booked Crown Metro politan
But i am looking for a cheaper option Hence the plan.
So if you guys know of any suitable and safe place to stay from 24th to 26th April
Do keep me posted.
Thanks for all your help thus far

. 2008/3/29 15:11
The starplaza has rooms the 25th and 26th.

If I were you, maybe just keep the plans for the Toyoko inn the 24-25, then move hotels over to the Starplaza the 26th.

Sunroute? 2008/3/29 15:17
how aboute Sunroute hotel? Any reviews? or hotel Hanamiya? ANy comments?
I can try booking sunroute seems a little more expensive but how about hanamiya?
by dilemma rate this post as useful

. 2008/3/29 16:51
Toyoko-inn, starplaza, sunroute, Hanamiya etc they are all your standard Japanese "business hotels" generally they're all similar, go with which ever you can find that supports two people in double/twin beds and whatever you can afford to go with.

single room 2008/4/4 22:22
Single rooms are for one person only as the implies
by Edie rate this post as useful

reply to this thread