Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kitchen sink 2008/3/30 09:29
I am looking to remodel my kitchen and want to make a marble counter and need a sink and can not find one. Does anyone have any ideas where I can look for one? I see them at the home shows but can never find them.
by jverhey  

Not impossible 2008/3/30 14:59
What kind of sink are you looking for? There are many kinds of sinks available, even at DIY stores. It's just a matter of installing the sink. We had a granite counter with a sink installed. It took cutting the granite to size and fitting the sink to the granite. Not too difficult with the right tools. We had ours professionally done though.
by Been there, Done that rate this post as useful

ask them 2008/3/30 19:03
What do you mean by "home shows"? Do you mean "model house"es? In any case, ask the staff that was there when you saw the sink of your dreams. If it's a model house in exibition, ask the people there. They can tell you the name and contact of the manufacturer and show you catalogs. Otherwise, I'm sure there are plenty of small offices in your neighborhood with a sign saying リフォーム (reform).
by Uco rate this post as useful

everything but the sink 2008/3/30 20:04
a "home show" in North America, perhaps also the UK, is an exhibition in a big hall where manufacturers and various hardware, appliances, decoration stores show off the latest of everything and anything that has to do with homes. Ironically, and rather confusingly for those of us who do not have English as their mother tongue, a brand new home (on a piece of land) that is built by a company to show how the future new homes they will build on lots nearby will look like is called a "show home" or even a "model home" (even though a model train or model plane is toy size). What the Japanese call "Reform" is called in English countries "renovation" or "makeover". Funny enough the French no longer use the good old French word "renovation" but "le relooking" an absolutely horrible expression.
by Auntie Bert rate this post as useful

More info needed 2008/3/30 22:53
I am in the country side of Wakayama. I can get to Osaka but dont know where to try to look. If there is a DIY I can check for it here. Our hardware centers here dont carry anything like that at all and when asked they say you have to buy the whole kitchen to get the sink. I try to find it online but to no avail. My Japanese skills are about none so it is very difficult to Google it.
by jverhey rate this post as useful

DIY centers 2008/3/31 00:56
Kohnan is one of them. Royal Home Center is another. These are in the Hyogo area.
by Not impossible rate this post as useful

Sink 2008/3/31 08:13
jverhey when someone told you you have to buy the whole kitchen to get a sink what they most likely were talking about is that you can buy a stainless steel countertop with a built-in sink. they are available in various sizes and are great. but individual sinks are also available of course. you should go to a Kinokuniya bookstore in Kobe (there is one in the Sogo store in Sanomiya)or Osaka (there is one on the main floor of the Hankyu san bai gay mall, near the stairs to the Hankyu rail station)and check magazines about houses and especially house "reform" (renovations) they have lots of ads about kitchens.
by Auntie Bert rate this post as useful

reply to this thread