Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka-kyoto day pass 2008/3/30 19:48
Hi all,

I'm looking for the right Osaka daypass that will allow me to travel between Osaka and Kyoto preferably for 2 days. I'll be staying in Osaka and have alloted 2 days in Kyoto. I know that it costs 540 yen one way to kyoto so 1080 yen return each day. Is there a more cost effective day pass that allows unlimited travel and would be great if it include unlimited travel within kyoto as well.

Is there a pass that will also extend my travel from shin osaka to kansai airport? I'm plannng to go to rinku outlet and the next day to the airport.

Thanks
by roofyapple  

. 2008/3/31 13:50
Although you can't take the JR Line trains, the Kansai Thru Pass may fit the bill.
http://www.surutto.com/conts/ticket/3dayeng/#about

You need to use the Hankyu Kyoto Line instead of JR to get to Kyoto, but the limited express train runs every 10 minutes and takes 44 minutes from Osaka Umeda to Kyoto Kawaramachi, therefore if slower than the JR train it's convenient enough.

In Kyoto City, you can take any mode of public transport. You may not be able to maximize the value of the unlimited travel pass, but it save on time to consult with the fare table and to purchase individual tickets each time you take a train or a bus.

I might suggest you to buy a point-to-point ticket from Shin-Osaka to Rinku Town. First take the Subway Midosuji Line to Namba and change to the Nankai Line. For schedule and price search, refer to the following site.
http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/

Happy travels.
by optimistk rate this post as useful

Pass enquiry? 2008/8/21 12:23
I was reading one of the postings and it mentioned there's a Kyoto/Osaka Version of Kansai Passport. Aside from unlimited travel on JR between Kyoto, Osaka and Kansai Airport. It is also valid for one day Osaka day pass and one day Kyoto day pass seperately?

by silly rate this post as useful

. 2008/8/21 17:25
Details here:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2357_011.html

Or entering "Kansai Passport" in the search box at the top of the page whould have got you the same result.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

the cheapest way 2008/8/22 00:05
single intercity ticket plus 1day city pass in Kyoto or Osaka is probably cheaper if you spend the whole day within the city.
by Ts rate this post as useful

futhur clarification 2008/8/22 22:48
we are staying in Osaka. will travel to Kyoto for a day and 2 days in Osaka. So you think it's cheaper to buy individual tickets for KIA to Osaka, Osaka to Kyoto return, Osaka to KIA, one day pass Kyoto and 2 days pass for Osaka? compare to the Kansai passport?
I tried googling on Kansai Passport, and it doesn't mention the Kyoto & Osaka Version (4 days @ 6,500 yen).

what is the total cost if i buy the tix seperately?
by silly rate this post as useful

Soooooory 2008/8/23 01:42
I admit I was completely wrong. :(

by Ts rate this post as useful

. 2008/8/23 07:19
Buying individual tickets could work out cheaper.

Kyoto & Osaka Kansai Passport: 6500 Yen

Individual fares:

Osaka one day pass: 850 Yen
Kyoto one day pass: 1200 Yen
Nankai Rapit: 1390 Yen
Osaka-Kyoto return via JR 1080 yen
Osaka-Kyoto return via Hankyu 780 Yen

So if you were to use Nankai Rapit to get to and from the airport and the Hankyu railway to get to and from Kyoto, it would come to 5610 Yen + your subway fare on the last day to get to Namba Nankai station. With or without the Kansai Passport option, you would still need to buy a second one day Osaka pass, probably also along with the subway fare on the last day.

BTW, details of the Kyoto & Osaka Kansai Passport are given at the link I gave, above. It is the first one on the list.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

. 2008/8/23 15:26
--Kyoto & Osaka Kansai Passport: 6500 Yen--

I don't think the Kansai Passport is on sale anymore.
by optimistk rate this post as useful

reply to this thread