Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nara, Himeji or Koyasan? 2008/4/1 16:40
I will be at Osaka for 3 days next week, with 2 days spent on Osaka and Kyoto.

As for the last day, should I spend more time in Osaka or Kyoto, or is it worth going for day trip at Nara, Himeji or Koyasan? Grateful for advice.
by Edwin  

Nara or .. or .. 2008/4/1 17:26
the 3 places are all definitely worth visiting. You need to read a lot about these 3 places, look up photos on the internet etc. then choose. I can't do it for you and every person who answer this post will have a different opinion! Or check which place is the most often recommended. I vote for Nara
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

tks 2008/4/1 18:06
Thanks for your contribution. I know everyone will probably have a different preference. Hope there's enough responses here for me to gauge!
by edwin rate this post as useful

as u choose :) 2008/4/1 22:09
All the 5 do deserve Japan's 1st-class tourist attractions and u will enjoy yourself no matter what u choose. My advice is to take adequet time to view 1 or 2 places and not to pack too much. :)

by Ts rate this post as useful

Nara! 2008/4/1 22:32
All 3 of your proposed sites are of course wonderful. Nara not only has many things to see, but the travel time from Osaka / Kyoto is is much shorter. Nara Koen (Park) with Kofukuji, Todaiji, and Kasuga Grand Shrine first, then, if you have any time left (I doubt that you will) the Imperial Palace grounds and/or Yakushiji. Enjoy!
by washi rate this post as useful

great 2008/4/2 01:54
Sounds really great. I guess Nara offers more?

I was also worried if i pack in too many things and end up missing the point. So will avoid doing 2 places in a day.

All three good places to see 2008/4/2 03:54
I agree with everybody else that no matter what you do, you will not be disappointed. For time purposes though, I would say that you'd probably get the most out of going to Nara. I'm kind of partial to it myself, cause where else can you feed deer walking down the street? Again though, it comes down to your own preferences. Do a little bit of research on what you may want to see in each area, and you'll have a great time.
by Brian rate this post as useful

two places is doable 2008/4/3 02:50
You should be able to visit two places. If you get to Nara early, you should also be able to visit Himeji, which I really recommend. Nara and Himeji are about 2 hrs away from each other by train. It takes about 2 to 3 hours to see Himeji castle and Kokoen Garden, which are next to each other.

Or if you really want to go to Koyasan, I know a couple people who have visited Nara during the day and traveled to Koyasan in the afternoon and stayed the night at one of the temples. It will take about 2.5 to 3 hrs to get from Nara to Koyasan (depending on when you leave Nara) and a few transfers as well.

I would suggest getting to Nara no later than 7:30/8am and leave around 12/12:30pm. You should have enough time to get to one of the other locations, unless you want to visit other places in Nara outside of the park area.
by yuki k rate this post as useful

tks 2008/4/3 15:43
wow thanks. if it is possible, i also hope to view more places and experience different feels.

Will definitely consider that.

reply to this thread