Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo Trip Route~~ 2008/4/2 01:24
Hi thr, i will be visiting Tokyo this May for a week.
Here my Itinerary:-

Sunday (Reach Narita Airport bout 0700hrs)
Hotel-Ghibli Museum-
shinjuku-
harajuku

Monday
Disney-
Omotesando (nite time)

Tuesday
Disney-
Roppongi (nite time)

Wednesday
Tokyo Metro Gov.Building-
Imperial Palace/Garden-
Ginza-
Zojoji/Tokyo Tower

Thursday
Tsukiji/Monja Street-
Asakusa Sensoji-
Kappabashi (optional)-
Meiji Jinggu-
Shibuya-

Friday
Kamakura-
Enoshima
(overnite at Hakone Ichinoyu)

Saturday
Hakone

Sunday
Home Sweet Home~~

1. is this do-able?
2. is it really "must" to visit Tokyo Museum @ Ueno?
3. feels like going for Sumo, it seems expensive?
4. Fugu ryori or Whale ryori? available max.10,000Yen for 2 pax?
5. any recommended route or atrractions @ Enoshima? coz it seems difficult to find useful info on the net

Thanks~~

by piyo  

have fun! 2008/4/3 04:53
Just a few notes:

Tokyo Metro Govt. Office is in Shinjuku, so you can visit that when you're in Shinjuku.

Meiji Shrine is in Harajuku so that can be visited when you are in Harajuku.

Shibuya is in between Harajuku and Shinjuku and for conveneince sake, you may want to plan the 3 areas together.

If you go to the Disney resort, it's possible to go to both parks on the same day. Just get there when the park opens and stay late.

Hopefully you haven't already purchased tickets to the Ghibli Museum and you can move that to Monday. Then you can spend the first day exploring Harajuku through Shinjuku. And on Monday go to the museum and maybe add Akiba or Odaiba, which I noticed weren't on your itinerary.

If you do some more planning, I think you can probably free up time to do a lot more things.
by yuki k rate this post as useful

Thanks!! 2008/4/4 20:03

by piyo rate this post as useful

ghibli museum 2008/4/5 00:07
hi piyo,

I was just wondering if you managed to get the ghibli museum tickets already? Because I'm also going to tokyo in may, and I really want to see the ghibli museum too, but there doesn't seem to be a way for me to check which days are available and that's making it difficult for me to plan because I also intend to go to kyoto during my week's stay in tokyo and I'm afriad the days I go to kyoto might clash with the available days for visiting ghibli musuem!
by fiona rate this post as useful

Ghibli Museum 2008/4/6 14:33
Unfortunetly the Ghibli Museum is barely open in May. It closes early may (can't rember when, sometime before the 14th I believe) and doesn't reopen till the 25. If you can go but tickets now. I got tickets maybe 3 weeks ago and they only had 25 left for the 25th and only 30 for the 26th. You can look up the dates its open and how to buy tickects over seas on the museum website: http://www.ghibli-museum.jp/
by guest rate this post as useful

ghibli 2008/4/6 16:48
unfortunately, i haven't got my hands on the ticket..... if thr's only fews left on 25th & 26th, then im doomed!!!
coz in my country, thr's no way to get it as JTB doesnt sell individual tkts here (gotta buy whole package, hotel & flight) -.-"

i've seen on the official ghibli museum site, May is not a good mth... they closed starting on 13May, duration about 2wks~~
by piyo rate this post as useful

closed! 2008/4/11 13:02
I just checked and ghibli museum's closed the whole week I'm there! *cry*
by fiona rate this post as useful

reply to this thread