Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Rules forHot Spring 2008/4/3 00:33
Hi

Just wanna check if there's any hot springs in Osaka / Kobe / Hokkaido which allows you to wrap your body with a towel. I am a little shy to be seen naked or to see others naked.

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Rdgs.
by Amanda  

onsens 2008/4/3 09:23
Even if you wrap yourself in a towel, the other people will almost certainly be naked, so if you have a problem with that you are probably better avoiding hot springs. You have to wash yourself first anyway, sitting next to other people who are washing, and you can't wear a towel then.

It used to bother me too, but once I had tried it I realised that I was worrying over nothing.
by Sira rate this post as useful

free to do so 2008/4/3 11:01
You are always "allowed" to wrap yourself with a towel in an onsen. It's just that you will be embarrassing yourself and it will also offend the other bathers who are butt-naked.

However, keep in mind that when entering the tub, you are not supposed to dip the towel you used for washing.

Also you always have the option to make a day trip to the onsen resorts where there are plenty of private baths. How about Kinosaki?
by Uco rate this post as useful

dont worry you to enjoy 2008/4/3 14:56
i dont think you should worry about being naked in such place.
I have gone through this experience. i was too shy to take off my cloths intially but the atmosphere made me relax and with in minutes i was naked in front of all the naked with out any problem. better you try onsen with japanese friend. see it will work.
by arigato rate this post as useful

remember to bring your own towel 2008/4/4 23:51
pls br own towel cos not provided in most onsen.

I didnt know and was left dripping, naked and embarrased in the common changing area. Luckily one lady noticed my predicament and help purchase towel fr the cshier outside.

Important thing to note, always keep your eyes to others' eye level and you will be fine.

since everyone is naked, you will be ok in no time.

Onsen is the one thing sholdnot miss in Japan, its so japanese.....
by mcking rate this post as useful

if you are keen on kinosaki 2008/4/4 23:54
if you are going to kinosaki, must try their kani(crab) very cheap and delicious. wonderful after soaking in the onsen
by mcking rate this post as useful

reply to this thread