Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yakatori & Takoyaki in Boston? 2008/4/3 05:52
So I live in the Boston area, & when I was in Japan I LOVEEED yakatori & Takoyaki ... but I can't find anything even close to this in Boston ... I tried "yakatori" once in a Japanese resturaunt around Boston, but it was nothing like it was in Japan ... =( IDK when i'll be going to Japan again, but I need to kill this craving, haha.

Please Help ^^! Thank You.
by Kate  

Ha! 2008/4/6 00:57
Update your post if you find one, I'll be there. I don't think we'll ever have anythng close. I think your odds are better of me bringing you some back next month. What were your two favorite places on your trip?
by Karl J rate this post as useful

Kyoto/Osaka 2008/4/6 11:57
You're going to JP next month? for how long? You're so lucky ... I LOVED Osaka/Kyoto ... My Japanese friend (who I spent the other 4 weeks in her home in the Yokohama/Tokyo area) and I traveled there for a week to spend with her grandmother ~ I love history so Kyoto was a dream & I saw most of the landmarks I saw on T.V in Osaka ~ While I was in Kyoto I saw a real Maiko (+++) I love Geisha/Maiko .. haha~

Where are you going to? How long will you be staying? Do you go to Japan often?
by Kate rate this post as useful

Kyoto/Osaka 2008/4/18 01:34
For some reason I really diskliked Kyoto; I cannot tell you why though. I think mostly is I found it more difficult to get around in and also saw way too many americans and brits, kind of took away from the whole Japanese thing. I was there last year at the same time and backpacked through Tokyo , Hakone , Koyasan , Hiroshima , Kyoto.

I am going back in May for 2 weeks. This time I am going to Tokyo , Osaka , Kanazawa. The idea is to see more of less this time around; last trip was about travelling as much as possible.

I love Japan. No idea why but I just cannot get enough. Any specific recommendations in Osaka? I am staying in the Bay area but looks like I'll have easy subway access to the big down-town areas.
by Karl J rate this post as useful

reply to this thread