Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Coin laundromat 2008/4/3 11:41
Will be in Japan in 7 days and will be needing a coin laundromat in Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka. Does anyone know of any in those three cities? Thank you.
by Japan tourist  

are u refering to washing machine 2008/4/4 23:27
coin laundermat=washing machine, right? except it is operated by inserting coins. Yes, most of the hotels will have them. some even sell prepaid cards for the machines. Bearing in mind though, if you expect super dry for the dryer, then you better think again. I had to tumble-dry my laundry 2 times per wash.
by mcking rate this post as useful

to mcking 2008/4/28 07:57
How about ones that aren't in hotels?
Like, a normal laundromat, where you go to, do your laundry, then leave?
by skoffs rate this post as useful

. 2008/4/28 09:13
To the original poster, as you don't say where you will be in those three cities it is pointless suggesting places that could be a 30 minute subway ride away.

If you are close to any residential neighbourhood, a walk around the area should turn up a coin laundry or two without too much trouble.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

Ask at Your Hotel 2008/4/28 10:17
Assuming you are staying at a hotel or some such place, ask at the desk and they should be able to tell you if there is one in the vicinity. (They will probably even draw you a map.) RobBeer's approach doesn't always work. (It tends to work flawlessly when you don't need it!) You can also ask at a tourist information center or something. There are plenty of laundromats in Tokyo, Kyoto, and Osaka, but I know from experience that you can waste a lot of precious time finding them.

If you can read some Japanese, the following link might be helpful. I used it to find a laundromat in Kyoto. But bear in mind that places close and links aren't always updated.

http://www.kls-laundry.jp/coin_navi/
by Uma rate this post as useful

laundromat 2008/4/28 10:35
If you haven't already booked your hotels you could consider staying at ones that advertise a coin laundry. For example I stayed in Kyoto at the Palace Side Hotel which had a great little coin laundry on site. Otherwise I'd just ask at your hotel's front desk, I'm sure they've been asked that question before.
by Zoe rate this post as useful

What to Call It 2008/4/28 11:04
By the way, in Japan they use the term "coin laundry." If you ask for a laundromat they might not know what you mean.
by Uma rate this post as useful

Coin Laundry 2008/4/28 23:14
Thank you for all your responses to my question. Was able to track down some thanks to the hotel.
by Japan tourist rate this post as useful

reply to this thread