Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

1month to backpack japan 2008/4/4 14:48
Hi im going to japan in the summer of 09 and i have a internship sorta thing and thats for 1 month the second month i want to backpack to Osaka from tokyo then to kyoto... i am 18 but i will be 19. what do yo uthink i would need an how much money.... I have an option but im not sure i should take it but to stay the maximum time on a visitors visa and add another month to the time how much do you think that would be to do please respon some one that is knowledgeable of this...
by Max  

a little help 2008/4/5 03:27
Hi Max, I might not be the most knowledgeable person on this since I haven't yet been to Japan, but I will try to help you non the less. I'm back packing and visiting Japan on the 29th of this month, all the way to the 22nd of July. It's around 84-85 days. Which country do you live in? I'm from Canada so I will be allowed 90 days maximum, if you are Canadian or American you are allowed the same as me, make sure you do not over stay your visa no matter what, I've heard stories of people being arrested at the airport, fined $3000 and baned for 5 years for staying 91 days. For the $, well all my accomodations for 85 days worth is looking to be around $1600, thats mostly hostels I booked on hostels.com but from June 2nd to June 30th, I'm staying at a guesthouse in Tokyo. That will be only 615 $ Canadian, which is at par with the US dollar. So it definately doesnt have to be that expensive. All those cities you want to visit look like there all relatively connected to the bullet train, so getting to each place shouldnt be to hard. Another thing to remember when in Japan, I'm 19 right now so it applies to me, the drinking age is 20 there, so don't break the law while your there in any way. Sorry I'm not the greatest help, some people here are alot more knowedgeable, but I hope it's a bit easier for you now.
by robv187 rate this post as useful

ty 2008/4/5 14:34
thanks for posting. i live in america so i do get the full 90 days but im not sure if ill be staying 80ish days more like 70 or 75 im not sure i might just take like a ferry to south korea and get my passport stamped to show i went out of the country the come back then the 90 days would restart :) haha louphole. But thanks you should email me when your there that would be cool its Donut103948@yahoo.com have fun when you go. and when im going im only going to mainly walk. probly like 250ish miles
by Striferitus rate this post as useful

reply to this thread