Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Suica vs 2-day tourist open metro pass 2008/4/7 09:33
My hubb and I will be in Tokyo for 5D 4N just going around seeing Tech showroom and shops. We will also include a day of tour to Mt Fuji. Is suica a better purchase or the 2-day TOMP?

Can we do our own trip to Mt Fuji with cruise and cablecar? how?
by Josah  

hm.. 2008/4/7 14:23
suica is just a stored value card applicable to most trains, so makes travelling less hassle without the need to buy tickets everytime.

While the metro pass will be useful if you travel frequently on the TM subway, especially around tokyo region, to cover up the 980Yen cost. It does not cover JR trains and Toei subway though.

Hope this helps.
by jeffrey rate this post as useful

Suica vs 2-day tourist open metro pass 2008/4/7 20:16
Thanks Jeffrey for replying.

How about going to Mt Fuji on your own? Is it doable or is it better to go on tour? We just want to minimize our expense for this side trip.
by Josah rate this post as useful

... 2008/4/7 20:34
Since you say cable car and cruise, I assume you mean the Hakone area, not climing Mt. Fuji or anything. That's well doable on your own - please refer to the section of this website for additional information.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2358_008.html

You might consider NEX/Suica package. It includes the Narita Express (NEX) train ride from Narita airport to Tokyo upon arrival, and some additional value for traveling on JR or metro within/around Tokyo. Explanation is toward the bottom of the following page:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_002.html
by AK rate this post as useful

Suica vs 2-day tourist open metro pass 2008/4/9 08:33
I mean we are going to the 5th station where we could view Mt fuji then go to have the cruise and ride the cable car. It's like we are going on a tour but we are not. It might save us some bit of money.
by Josah rate this post as useful

to AK 2008/4/9 08:41
Suica & NEX package

Can I use the remaining value of 1500 yen on other days besides the day use them on nex ? thanks
by hoon rate this post as useful

... 2008/4/9 08:56
Can I use the remaining value of 1500 yen on other days besides the day use them on nex ? thanks

yes
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread